• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help with scen editor.
03-05-2014, 01:31 AM,
c_Question Mark  Help with scen editor.
Well, i am playing a little with the scen editor (i have in mind an idea for a HTH scenario) but i find some problems when.

I want give the player the option to define where use a serie of formations that arrive as reinforcemnts, i follow the manual steps BUT after define the units as reinforcements in an operation i cant use the same units in other operation... i want have X formation arriving in a strategic decision in A, B or C but i only can define his arrive in A.

Other problem i find is i need add the divisional HQ to prevent the regimental and other subunits appear out of command, i try find a detach option but i am unable to find it... is possible made units be on command when the divisional HQ is not present??? i know i can set the HQ as out of map but i dont want the HQ appear in the OOB as present.

Any advice? thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 11:47 PM,
RE: Help with scen editor.
I am now with the fix/release/reinforcements and i cant find a way to create the operations as i want... any advice?

Maybe i can start with a static release area... but i want the scen be a PBEM scen where both sides can decide over reinforcements.
03-08-2014, 12:45 AM,
Have a look at the 'Strategy Dialog' as per the PZB manual on page 41. If you can't work that out I'll post more in this thread.

You can do exactly what you want using strategy options.

David
03-08-2014, 01:10 AM,
Well, i follow the manual instructions.

I go to Units/strategies, select add, when i have the strategy double click over it to add operations.

Select the operation where i want add units and go to Units/add reinforcement and add the unit but it dissapear from map and cant select these units for another operation.

And a little questions:

-When you add off map units... the hex coordinates are important or not??? i try send the off map units behind the units these units command or support.

-Any way to made units detached??? i refer made units not be out of command if you dont add the mother HQ... for example, i have a pair of tank brigades and a sep armored car btl but i need put in OOB the guards army HQ... and same with divisional HQ but looks like the divisional HQ dont need the army HQ, they are in command unlike brigades and independent battalions.

Thanks.
03-08-2014, 04:24 AM,
X aver I will try to get back to you tonight on setting up strategy options for reinforcements.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-08-2014, 05:02 AM,
Thanks, dont run, is not important do it when you have nothing better to do Helmet Wink

PD: if you want look the baby i can send you an ultrasound Big Grin2
03-08-2014, 09:34 AM,
Xaver, to make it were, here is a quick summary, not sure where you are having problems, but I just walked through it all and got the same units in 2 different operations for the same strategy. And once a unit is in an operation in a strategy, it isn't available under any other choices.

1. Create your Strategy.
2. Open that Strategy and add at least 2 operations.
3. The key, open View Strategies and select the one you want to add a reinforcement to, and close the dialog.
4. For the units you want to add as reinforcements, add them to the map if not already there, then add the reinforcement and it should show the operation in the dialog.
5. Open the View Strategies dialog again and pick the other operation and close the dialog.
6. The same units should show in Unit Dialog and can be added again, where desired, and setup as a reinforcement.

I think that covers it, there are a couple of extra opens needed that I didn't note as I am not sure of the name, in getting to the operation selected each cycle for the reinforcement to be set up in.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-08-2014, 08:14 PM,
Thanks, now is working fine, my problem was in step 2 and 5, i only create 1 operation and when i do it i dont think the unit in 1st one appear again in the OOB.

Again thanks.
03-13-2014, 10:20 PM,
Well, expect have the first test version soon... i cant find enough time to finish the strategic part, the scen info... well, first i want finish the scen scen and test it hehehe.

When i finish it i have some ideas for more H2H scens, i want try translate one of my favourite scens in PzC to Kurks but is going to be hard... at least i want the scen here at regimental/brigade level.
03-14-2014, 11:04 PM,
Well, i "finish" the scen now it needs test, if somebody want the scenario to see it or play it PBEM i send it, expect it could be a good PBEM scenario.

Thanks for all the help with Strategies.