• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Don't you just hate it when...
03-04-2014, 05:10 AM,
Don't you just hate it when...
You are facing panther tanks and they hit you with the first round at 500m every time, and then you get the panthers and their first 8 rounds sail over the top of the target at 300m?

I had this happen in the scenario of the month game, my panthers put 8 rounds over the top of 2 shermans before I got a hit. I really do think this game hates me...damn carma crap.White Flag2
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 06:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2014, 06:53 AM by General Colt.)
RE: Don't you just hate it when...
LOL.

Playing my regular PBEM buddy in a medium QB with me as American attacker. My friend took two 88s and a Panther plus infantry. I took a variety of 6 Sherms plus a company.

I soon spot both 88s with infantry HQs and call in mortars. Wipe them both out. I'm still holding back my Shems in a long spread out line behind the ridge/trees and my infantry is advancing smartly.

A Panther comes from around a barn. 400 yards away all 6 Sherms are given Target Armor arcs right on him and move foward through the trees. I think a couple of 105 HE rounds hit. Everything else is a miss.

Two turns later 6 burning Sherms and the Panther is pummeling my infantry. I surrendered quickly.

Our AAR discussions he indicted the Panther advance was a suicide move to get the game over in a hurry as it was his last asset. LOL

Hate when that happens.
no signature provided -EVER!!
03-05-2014, 04:28 AM,
I haven't had any similar experiences with my tanks, at least not any that shocked me because of unrealistic shooting. I've had several sky high misses in a row but I assumed it was because of the terrain firing upslope against a hull down target on the reverse slope.

(03-04-2014, 06:51 AM)General Colt Wrote: Our AAR discussions he indicted the Panther advance was a suicide move to get the game over in a hurry as it was his last asset. LOL

LMAO
03-05-2014, 05:10 AM,
Hate it when Tanks sometimes take a diffrent Route than plotted and get killed instantly. Other thing i hate actually is Concrete Bunkers nearly not killable with HE Shells from Tanks even when firing for multiple Turns on the Fireslit.
03-05-2014, 07:58 AM,
I hate when a tank with no ability to penetrate my Panther's front armor lobs an HE shell and knocks out the Panther's gun; which is as good as destroying it. Seems to happen to me a LOT.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
03-05-2014, 01:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014, 01:06 PM by Weasel.)
(03-05-2014, 05:10 AM)TimoS. Wrote: Hate it when Tanks sometimes take a diffrent Route than plotted and get killed instantly. Other thing i hate actually is Concrete Bunkers nearly not killable with HE Shells from Tanks even when firing for multiple Turns on the Fireslit.

I just had this happen too, my stug42 was to advance across an open field, turn 45 degrees behind a tree line and then advance on the enemy. Instead he went 45 across the field missing the tree line (it was just a row of trees, not a forest) and a sherman 75 made him pay for it. Mad was I (in my best Yoda voice).

(03-04-2014, 06:51 AM)General Colt Wrote: LOL.

My friend took two 88s and a Panther plus infantry. I took a variety of 6 Sherms plus a company.

I soon spot both 88s with infantry HQs and call in mortars. Wipe them both out. I'm still holding back my Shems in a long spread out line behind the ridge/trees and my infantry is advancing smartly.

88s died incredibly quickly in CM1 too, at least mine always did. Basically after the first round the roof caved in.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
03-08-2014, 10:40 AM,
.....when this happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh0Ty_qJNfs Winner