• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB Features in PB
03-04-2014, 03:49 AM,
SB Features in PB
When I look at the screen shots of the new Panzer Battles games, I think Panzer Campaigns. What are the Squad Battle features that are part of the game?
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 04:05 AM,
RE: SB Features in PB
My 1st thought in seeing the screen shots is SB not PzC. Wink

In PzB Kursk, they are using bigger sized counters with the unit pictures on them, just like you see in the SB series. Also the map looks 100% SB to me. No more super small counters and hex sizes for these aging eyes! Search2
03-04-2014, 08:20 AM,
So its a visual thing....Lollipop
03-04-2014, 09:26 AM,
Hello:

The scale is one of the main differences. PB is 250m hexes and 30-minute turns. Scenarios/battles last no more than a day. Engine changes also that some of the experts will be able to explain better.

Gerry
03-04-2014, 11:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2014, 11:55 AM by Strela.)
(03-04-2014, 08:20 AM)kolc Wrote: So its a visual thing....Lollipop

A lot more than visual.

Download the designers notes from here and there is a list of changes in the FAQ section.

Link to; Designers Notes & FAQ

David
03-04-2014, 12:30 PM,
If you don't want to read, the two main features brought over from SB (besides the graphics) are unlimited defensive fire and the ability to stay concealed in covering terrain until you move, fire or the bad guys blunder into your hex. The ranged fire routines are the same as PzC, but the modifier has been changed to make it more effective.

I think that the game looks like PzC too, at least under the hood, but after several turns, I am convinced that it plays more like SB. I am pretty sold.

Jeff
03-05-2014, 03:54 AM,
Thanks for the replies....yes I don't like to read...it makes me sleepyWhistle