• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Attacking bunkers when defender does not fire back.... MINOR SPOILER FOR GERTSOVKA
03-02-2014, 02:46 AM,
Attacking bunkers when defender does not fire back.... MINOR SPOILER FOR GERTSOVKA
Question from the Gertsovka scenario: I approach the bunker on the left that contains an AT unit with on-foot Panzer Grenadiers. The AT unit does not fire at them and I cannot assault or fire at the bunker. The game gives a message that I cannot move into an occupied hex and a no valid target message in each case. As I can't assault or fire and the unit does not fire back to become spotted, I have to bypass the bunker - which does not seem right.

What am I missing?

The same thing happens initially at the bunker at (4,6) - but at least this time the AT eventually shoots back, becomes spotted and I can assault.

Help appreciated!
Simon.
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 03:24 AM,
RE: Attacking bunkers when defender does not fire back....
Hmm, you've selected adjacent units and right clicked on the hex and no assault is scheduled? That's odd.

I guess what you describe might possibly happen when you drag a unit's movement destination to the hex from several hexes away, but not normally.
03-02-2014, 03:48 AM,
Hi ComradeP

I think I see the issue - I believe it is a minor bug. When adjacent to an unspotted unit I cannot assault using drag & drop (as I usually do and works fine on spotted units). If I use your method, select assaulting unit(s) and right click target, the assault goes in.

Unless I'm missing something I think this is a bug that should be corrected - but at least I now have a workaround to save my virtual Panzer Grenadiers - thanks!

Simon.