• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB Demo: Grenada - The 1983 American invasion of the island of Grenada.
03-25-2014, 10:56 PM,
RE: SB Demo: Grenada - The 1983 American invasion of the island of Grenada.
(03-24-2014, 04:38 AM)SandySandie Wrote:
(03-24-2014, 03:49 AM)Fast Heinz Wrote: Playing Radio Grenada as the Cubans. Trucks come loaded with a squad of 10 but when I try to load the pickups for some shuttle work I get an error which indicates they can't hold the same type of squad. Error or am I missing something? Just picking nits. Enjoying the demo very much. Thanks,

Dump trucks carry 10, pickups carry 9. Check out the sqdata file; one of the best things about SB is you can massage the data, so if you think the pickup could cram in more, up the capacity in the file.

I know many people who alter the DAT files to change things they perceive as incorrect. Lethality of weapons, armor ratings, etc. One thing I will say is that while doable, changing the DAT files can really alter the playability of a game, especially since it was designed and tested with the data files provided. Something to keep in mind.

Also this could complicate things if you opt to play PBEM. Giving a vehicle the ability to do something it wasn't originally able to do, like pick up 10 guys instead of 9, would be considered cheating on a ladder game, unless both players agreed to alter the DAT files similarly. Always make copies of the original DAT files and use the stock ones when playing an opponent in a PBEM.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply