• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB Demo: Grenada - The 1983 American invasion of the island of Grenada.
03-06-2014, 03:20 AM,
RE: SB Demo: Grenada - The 1983 American invasion of the island of Grenada.
The site has a lot of SB goodies and information. Take some time and scope it out!
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 03:32 AM,
Easy Peasy! Thanks agin.

(03-06-2014, 02:29 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: JSGME

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid382526

As for mods and scenarios, TF Echo-4 has a ton of them that cover the whole series.

Here are the RV ones they offer:

http://tfe4.wordpress.com/graphics-and-s...d-victory/
03-06-2014, 05:50 AM,
Welcome to the Blitz and the SqB community! I used to "push cardboard" too, but didn't get past Squad Leader: Crescendo of Doom." Now let me think, where did I put those games?

I would be up for a game of either Grenada or RV:

[email protected]

Steve
03-07-2014, 01:44 AM,
Hi Steve:

I am out of town for a few days and when I return I will email you and we can give it a go.

Thanks!
03-08-2014, 06:23 AM,
(03-07-2014, 01:44 AM)Rondor Wrote: Hi Steve:

I am out of town for a few days and when I return I will email you and we can give it a go.

Thanks!

Excellent! I look forward to it!
03-09-2014, 06:38 AM,
sent my first file, Steve.
03-13-2014, 10:16 PM,
I sent a file back Monday, did you receive it?
03-24-2014, 03:49 AM,
Playing Radio Grenada as the Cubans. Trucks come loaded with a squad of 10 but when I try to load the pickups for some shuttle work I get an error which indicates they can't hold the same type of squad. Error or am I missing something? Just picking nits. Enjoying the demo very much. Thanks,
03-24-2014, 04:38 AM,
(03-24-2014, 03:49 AM)Fast Heinz Wrote: Playing Radio Grenada as the Cubans. Trucks come loaded with a squad of 10 but when I try to load the pickups for some shuttle work I get an error which indicates they can't hold the same type of squad. Error or am I missing something? Just picking nits. Enjoying the demo very much. Thanks,

Dump trucks carry 10, pickups carry 9. Check out the sqdata file; one of the best things about SB is you can massage the data, so if you think the pickup could cram in more, up the capacity in the file.
03-25-2014, 11:56 AM,
Heinz

SandySandie is correct and the carrying capacity of a pickup truck is nine men. The regular Grenadian Army troops that are part of the Motorized Company (in the southwest corner) are in eight man squads and do not overload the pickups. The Militia squad in the pickup in front of the radio station has been reduced to eight men so that it will fit in the truck without overloading. But it is supposed to get destroyed in the first turn (and I found it pretty hard to win as the US without that happening) so it shouldn't be able to ferry the Militia squads to the north anywhere. So, no, you can't use the trucks to move the Militia up any faster. And it would make it harder on the SEALs if you could. They have a hard enough time as it is.

This is the first time that I have tried this method of victory point scoring. I found it very hard to balance as there are so many things that can happen and luck does play a role (like destroying the pickup on the first turn). But because I think it favors realistic tactics, I wanted to stay with the idea. Historically, the SEALs got pounded by heavy weapons fire with little ability to retaliate and then retreated to the beach, leaving their prisoners behind, but taking their wounded with them. There would be no reason to do this with the standard scoring rules. It would help if there was an exit objective that would give points of the same value as losses to the US, but an exit objective uses the normal scoring option (point value for men and double that for vehicles) so it didn't make much sense to include one. I am going to see if I can get that changed, but in the total scheme of things it would be a little used change in code (although maybe an easy one).

Jeff