• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS v2.0 — Likes and Dislikes
03-03-2014, 07:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014, 07:54 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
RE: JTCS v2.0 — Likes and Dislikes
(03-03-2014, 05:15 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Hawk: not yet available. In the next patch.

Is there an ETA on this?

So I have done a few turns now.

I must say the tool bar to me is not organized in any sort of logical way.

The buttons are too small for my liking.

But again that's me.

Is it possible to have a customizable tool bar? Like windows has for word, excel, etc....

There are new buttons I would definitely have (smoke, starshells) and old buttons I would ditch (save AP's).

People could pick the Icons that want and put then in the order they want. The more icons you have the smaller they would be.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 12:17 AM,
(03-03-2014, 07:47 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 05:15 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Hawk: not yet available. In the next patch.

Is there an ETA on this?

So I have done a few turns now.

I must say the tool bar to me is not organized in any sort of logical way.

The buttons are too small for my liking.

But again that's me.

Is it possible to have a customizable tool bar? Like windows has for word, excel, etc....

There are new buttons I would definitely have (smoke, starshells) and old buttons I would ditch (save AP's).

People could pick the Icons that want and put then in the order they want. The more icons you have the smaller they would be.

Thanx!

Hawk

All good points Erik.
It's surprising that they made all the changes by "default", instead of saying "hey here are the new features and this is how you turn them on".
Now we have to switch off things we do not like. And, "soon" will be given the toolbar option that should have been an option from the get go.

HSL
03-04-2014, 04:41 AM,
Instead of removing the special icons (fire smoke, unit spotted, mine clearing etc) from the left side of the info box, for every unit of the game...I would have added "One" Icon that announced..."See Unit Handbook For Additional Capabilities Or More Information. This "One" Icon would then be able to handle all future unit additions to the game, without tampering with the integrity of the original graphics.
03-04-2014, 04:48 AM,
Hi,

have suggestet in the Matrix forum to make the toolbar "smart", only the icons who make in the actual mode (move/fire) sense and who is the selected unit(s) capable of are displayed - would save many space.ATM most time >30% of the icons not usable with the actual unit(s) or mode ...

Regards
R-TEAM
03-04-2014, 12:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2014, 01:12 PM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
I still say take the smoke, starshell and human wave if they have a limit like the other two and put them on the bottom next to the turn marker where you already have the available resources. Just make those graphics into an icon, it will just be a little smaller along with the number available still next to it.
03-05-2014, 08:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014, 08:30 PM by Peiper.)
Hi,

one questions please, what means exactly the new bte-files "older" and "oldest"? One game and three files, normally bte, older and oldest. Which file is the right file?
03-05-2014, 11:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 12:07 AM by Crossroads.)
(03-05-2014, 08:29 PM)Peiper Wrote: Hi,

one questions please, what means exactly the new bte-files "older" and "oldest"? One game and three files, normally bte, older and oldest. Which file is the right file?

Hi! Those are back-up saves, there's an option in the Options menu to turn them off. See HERE for a more detailed discussion of any of the new features in 2.0.

Back up saves are discussed in Coder Diary #12.

The one withou post-fix (is that the right word?) is the current one. OLDER is a save -1 steps, and OLDEST the save -2 steps.

(03-02-2014, 11:35 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Hey Petri: Smoke7

So the Matrix Development Team is working on three (3) icon menu options? Idea2

(1.) None
(2.) Classic
(3.) Standard

AND

Toggle option to increase the size of the icon menu (Standard) - correct?

If so... that is a fantastic and much appreciated response to the JTCS Community! Big Grin

So... I assume a JTCS v2.1 "quick fix" is in the works and will be released shortly? Idea2

Really appreciate how you guys are staying engaged and being receptive to players' input! Maracas

Cheers Mike, I can now confirm that is how the new Toolbar Options will pan out.

- None, for those who don't need the icons and want to maximize the screen estate for game map.
- Classic, for those who prefer to stick to original set of icons.
- Standard, now with more clear bitmaps thanks to Mike's hard work - for those who do not want to see the Icont Toolbar to revert to take over two lines.
- Large, for those who have the screen resolution to have larger icons and have them still occupy only one row, or who do not mind if the icons take over two rows.

Thank you for all the wonderful ideas, but that's it. We just don't have the resources nor time to take it further than that. I hope everyone will find an option to satisfy their preferences.

The new toolbars will be included in the coming 2.01 patch, among other fixes such as the bug that causes campaigns to crash. We hope to have the patch out in not too far future. More than a month, likely, less than three months, likely.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-06-2014, 08:55 AM,
(03-05-2014, 11:57 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Thank you for all the wonderful ideas, but that's it. We just don't have the resources nor time to take it further than that. I hope everyone will find an option to satisfy their preferences.

Well, three of those would appear to work for me: Classic, Standard (with sharper bit maps) or Large, so that's fairly impressive! Thanks.

And you know, having had problems with some of the icons, I've now learnt the hot keys, which are even faster of course... so that's a fourth.

David
03-06-2014, 11:52 AM,
(03-05-2014, 11:57 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Cheers Mike, I can now confirm that is how the new Toolbar Options will pan out.

- None, for those who don't need the icons and want to maximize the screen estate for game map.
- Classic, for those who prefer to stick to original set of icons.
- Standard, now with more clear bitmaps thanks to Mike's hard work - for those who do not want to see the Icont Toolbar to revert to take over two lines.
- Large, for those who have the screen resolution to have larger icons and have them still occupy only one row, or who do not mind if the icons take over two rows.

Thank you for all the wonderful ideas, but that's it. We just don't have the resources nor time to take it further than that. I hope everyone will find an option to satisfy their preferences.

The new toolbars will be included in the coming 2.01 patch, among other fixes such as the bug that causes campaigns to crash. We hope to have the patch out in not too far future. More than a month, likely, less than three months, likely.

Both the tool bar options and the campaign fix are very welcome news thanks.
03-06-2014, 06:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 06:23 PM by Crossroads.)
Here's the logic behind the icon groupings, that was asked by a few as well:

Move/Fire Toggle

Unit Actions:
- Human Wave, Smoke, Starshell

Unit Handbook (F2)

Combat Actions:
- Arty Dialog, Air Attack, Resolve Assault

Movement Actions:
- Load/Unload, Dig-in, Double Speed, Save APs for Unloading, Save APs for Firing

Show Range Actions
- Command, Visibility, Hard/Soft Attack, Movement

Map Actions / Toggles:
- Thermometer, Unit Bases, Units, Objectives, Contours, Hex Grid, Rotate Map, Jump Map

Highlight Units:
- Anti-Aircraft, Artillery, Mine Clearing, Disrupted, Fixed, Moved, Fired, Low-on-Ammo, Spotted, Leaders, HQs, Organization

Add/Remove Units Dialogs
- Show arrived, Remove Units

Unit Orientations
- Turn Clockwise, Turn Counterclockwise, Bottom of Stack, Top of Stack

Previous/Next Unit
- Show Previous, Show Next

Next Turn

Here's the image from Matrix CS forums. Please note the icons are not final, there's still a couple of them Mike's been further tweaking for additional clarity:

[Image: ToolbarNoneClassicStandardLarge2.jpg]

Hope this helps Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com