JTCS v2.0 — Likes and Dislikes
03-01-2014, 07:30 PM,
RE: JTCS v2.0 — Likes and Dislikes
We're working on them...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 09:39 PM,
I'll bet that some of the confusion is because of the ones that were never there before.

Maybe a mod of the buttons with the hotkey on the graphic. * for ctrl and @ for alt $ for shift.
03-01-2014, 10:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014, 10:53 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
(03-01-2014, 04:35 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: Ed,
No big deal between this and having to have a new browser or another browser( why not we are requested to have 2 versions of the game having 2 browsers shouldn't matter). I figure it's just a way to get rid of the bad blood :-)

I have been forced to become an inactive player and now have restricted access to the club all within the space of less than 2 weeks. Not sure this was what Jim had envisioned when he started this so many years ago and no I am not going to the Matrix forums for tech support(snobby answer). I guess it's true that old soldiers just fade away.

VE

Earl, I feel you brother.

Yes, the windows 8 IE non support will hurt those who do not use other browsers. Yes, it seems that, though everyone else can find a work around, here at The Blitz if you don't go to Firefox or Chrome you will not be able to view the pages. I am sure Jim would not have wanted that.

For the game side. Yes, it's easy to say, "run two versions", "get a bigger monitor", "get a better system", etc. It's the mentality of computer geeks who do not understand the average player.
I have a 32" flat screen LCD TV I use as a monitor. Having a larger monitor does not help to see the tiny icons. Creating the game to play in a window already reduces the compression from the existing top and bottom tool bars.
The fact is that a computer geek thought having all the hot buttons as icons would be "just super (don't you think?)". Instead he created a true "eye sore". That does not function as intended. Instead we have the elephant designed by committee.

There should be half the icons on the bottom bar. Half. If players like hot keys ... use the hot keys.
The programmer should not use the excuse of "well everyone wanted every key"?
Who wanted the "older" "oldest" file when playing e-mail? I never heard that mentioned, begged for, or debated as a must have.

Don't feel like a dinosaur. You are not. Speak up, because if you don't they will take away your voice.
Old soldiers fade away by choice. We do not have to?

I'm in your court.

HSL

(03-01-2014, 07:30 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: We're working on them...

Just get rid of half of the ones added.

HSL
03-02-2014, 12:40 AM,
I don't get the controversy over the Old, Oldest, really, they don't even show up in game, so what is the big deal? You send the same file you always have been sending. Not that hard to figure out, and having backup files is NEVER a stupid idea, has saved my ass times over through-out the years, yes, I keep backups, call me stupid, I don't care!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
03-02-2014, 01:32 AM,
(03-01-2014, 10:52 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Yes, the windows 8 IE non support will hurt those who do not use other browsers. Yes, it seems that, though everyone else can find a work around, here at The Blitz if you don't go to Firefox or Chrome you will not be able to view the pages. I am sure Jim would not have wanted that.

Again. Huh?

It will work fine in IE 11, the current IE. IE10 too, most likely. Microsoft no longer supports older versions, so why should we? ...And who on earth would want too? Microsoft dropped support for all versions of windows prior to Windows 7. Call Bill Gates if you don't like it, or buy a newer operating system. When Jim started the club, most of us were using Windows 95, with the possible exceptions of you and Earl, who were still complaining about not being able to surf the web on your Commador 64s. Smile

Worry not. The Blitz will be accessible to all through any modern browser. Just like always.

I swear. Bunch of ol' ladies. Rolling Eyes

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-02-2014, 02:19 AM,
The map and scenario editors always had these small toolbar buttons. I never heard anyone complain about them. The main reason the new buttons are a bit of a struggle to use is because most folks have been using a different layout for over 10 years and are used to not having to look where everything is. It takes just a little time to re-program your brain to find what you want quickly.
03-02-2014, 02:47 AM,
(03-02-2014, 02:19 AM)Huib Versloot Wrote: The map and scenario editors always had these small toolbar buttons. I never heard anyone complain about them. The main reason the new buttons are a bit of a struggle to use is because most folks have been using a different layout for over 10 years and are used to not having to look where everything is. It takes just a little time to re-program your brain to find what you want quickly.

Because the majority of players don't use those?
03-02-2014, 03:12 AM,
^ +1 the editors by definition have to have a lot more easily accessible functionality than the standard game screens.

Why such a limited thing as banzai attack is on the main screen for every game that doesn't even use those rules is beyond me.

I was ok to let it ride and get used to it over time but some of the responses both here and on matrix to genuine concerns expressed by the customers and players of this game have annoyed me a bit over the last couple of days.
03-02-2014, 03:52 AM,
(03-02-2014, 02:47 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Because the majority of players don't use those?

LOL that is not a valid argument.

Surely those who used the editors would have been able to speak up. It was just something that wasn't even noticed. I'm sure if the game toolbar had always looked the way it does now, noboby would ever have suggested to change it. It is all just a lot of fuss about nothing serious.
The nuisance people feel is because they are automated to the previous toolbar and that is temporary. Considering the many improvements that were made in the programming and the amount of hours that went into getting the game to were it is now, the complaints about the toolbar buttons to me seem quite out of proportion and unthankful.
03-02-2014, 04:55 AM,
(03-02-2014, 03:52 AM)Huib Versloot Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 02:47 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Because the majority of players don't use those?

LOL that is not a valid argument.

Surely those who used the editors would have been able to speak up. It was just something that wasn't even noticed. I'm sure if the game toolbar had always looked the way it does now, noboby would ever have suggested to change it. It is all just a lot of fuss about nothing serious.
The nuisance people feel is because they are automated to the previous toolbar and that is temporary. Considering the many improvements that were made in the programming and the amount of hours that went into getting the game to were it is now, the complaints about the toolbar buttons to me seem quite out of proportion and unthankful.

I must say the icons are small and at first look unfamiliar and I have to read the text after hovering over them, to learn about their purpose. However I agree with you they just need getting used to. I do not think the new icons are perfect and I do not like them, but still they are just icons which I do not pay to much attention to. So, I totally agree that all this discontent seems a bit blown out of proportion :).

And for the record I have a 15in laptop with 16:9 screen ratio so it is relatively short so the icons are small and not easy to recognize but I can live with it by reading the tags... Jester