• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS v2.0 — Likes and Dislikes
02-28-2014, 01:31 PM,
RE: JTCS v2.0 — Likes and Dislikes
(02-28-2014, 07:14 AM)Peiper Wrote: Hi,

in the thread about the Hot Keys i saw to the Button D: "Opportunity Fire DialogueDialogHighlight Disrupted Units".

But i have with this button only the Highlight Disrupted Units Dialog. How can i open the Opportunity Fire Dialog?

Cntrl + P

That's taking me some getting used to
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2014, 04:12 PM,
(02-28-2014, 08:11 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Those are backup files, you only send the regular one!!:-)

Backup save files can be toggled off from menu: Options > Backup Saves.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-28-2014, 11:34 PM,
(02-28-2014, 08:11 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Those are backup files, you only send the regular one!!:-)

I appreciate the fact that they are files I do not need. I could ask, "Why are they there? or, "Who was the genius of smart who thought to put them in?" But, I do not want to come off too condescending ( I may become confused as a team member) and I would really like an explanation.

You guys took a simple game and began to complicate it. Why do the "back up files" not go away? They sit right next to the PBEM file. Stupidest idea I have ever seen.

You took an uncomplicated bottom of the screen and after the "windowed" feature which reduces space on the monitor, you go ahead and add every key in the world to bottom bar. I felt I was in "munchkin land".

For those who like hot keys, please use them to your hearts content. Why someone felt the need to add every hot key to the bottom of the screen, creating the worst clutter and view, that I have ever seen in a computer game.

You should have had a sales person or simple player on the "team" who could have pushed back and said "hey, we are getting away from the average player". Instead we got a bunch of guys who added every thing to the pot and thought, "hey, look at how many icons we can add to the bottom of the screen. Heck with the average player if he cannot see them. If they double stack they can change their resolution, and enter the modern age?"

That is my feeling after 24 hours. Your archive file system even effected my campaign that was ongoing. I lost everything I played for over the last year and a half.

Thanks team.

HSL
03-01-2014, 12:57 AM,
(02-28-2014, 01:31 PM)XLVIII Pz. Korp Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 07:14 AM)Peiper Wrote: Hi,

in the thread about the Hot Keys i saw to the Button D: "Opportunity Fire DialogueDialogHighlight Disrupted Units".

But i have with this button only the Highlight Disrupted Units Dialog. How can i open the Opportunity Fire Dialog?

Cntrl + P

That's taking me some getting used to

Thank´s for the information! I think the Button "D" for a short open OF-Dialog like in 1.4 it´s better then the new "Disrupted Units"-Button. Who used this button really and often?

However, ok Cntrl+P it´s the new working instrument. Wink
03-01-2014, 04:35 AM,
(02-28-2014, 11:34 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: You guys took a simple game and began to complicate it. Instead we got a bunch of guys who added every thing to the pot and thought, "hey, look at how many icons we can add to the bottom of the screen. Heck with the average player if he cannot see them. If they double stack they can change their resolution, and enter the modern age?"

Thanks team.

HSL
Ed,
No big deal between this and having to have a new browser or another browser( why not we are requested to have 2 versions of the game having 2 browsers shouldn't matter). I figure it's just a way to get rid of the bad blood :-)

I have been forced to become an inactive player and now have restricted access to the club all within the space of less than 2 weeks. Not sure this was what Jim had envisioned when he started this so many years ago and no I am not going to the Matrix forums for tech support(snobby answer). I guess it's true that old soldiers just fade away.

VE
03-01-2014, 05:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014, 05:40 AM by Scud.)
(03-01-2014, 04:35 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: ...and now have restricted access to the club all within the space of less than 2 weeks. Not sure this was what Jim had envisioned when he started this so many years ago

Huh?

db
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-01-2014, 10:15 AM,
By way of background, I've only been playing PBEM for a few months, but against the computer for something like 15 years.

- looking at the readme, looks like there's lots of stuff that will aid scenario design and interest, and add to the longevity of the game

Dislikes:
- those icons - painfully (and that may be the right word) small - I have a modern screen and resolution - tried a couple of different settings but no better.
- the manual is not up to date - personally I don't need this, but I was planning on mentioning the game to a couple of people - they'd be faced with a manual which doesn't reflect what's on the screen.
03-01-2014, 10:21 AM,
(03-01-2014, 04:35 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: I have been forced to become an inactive player and now have restricted access to the club all within the space of less than 2 weeks. Not sure this was what Jim had envisioned when he started this so many years ago and no I am not going to the Matrix forums for tech support(snobby answer). I guess it's true that old soldiers just fade away.

What's up? Maybe I can help?

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
03-01-2014, 03:45 PM,
It seems the universal complaint is the small buttons. It would be nice if they were a bit bigger, but how many of you won't have them memorized in about a week? Get out there and buy a bigger monitor-it's good for the economy and easier on the eyes. Better sounds, better animations, better highlight colors, not bigger-but better buttons, better arty results(?), better than before and; if you like the before you can have that too.
Let's get to playing and make sure we help identify any real game play bugs. Whip
03-01-2014, 07:04 PM,
(03-01-2014, 03:45 PM)USS Wyoming Wrote: It seems the universal complaint is the small buttons. It would be nice if they were a bit bigger, but how many of you won't have them memorized in about a week? Get out there and buy a bigger monitor-it's good for the economy and easier on the eyes. Better sounds, better animations, better highlight colors, not bigger-but better buttons, better arty results(?), better than before and; if you like the before you can have that too.
Let's get to playing and make sure we help identify any real game play bugs. Whip

- I have a 23 inch monitor, and even if I had an older monitor, there is no reason why someone should need to upgrade for this sort of game.
- Not sure how easy it will be to memorise the buttons - I can't even see what's on some of them (though I guess I will think "2 in from right/left" etc.)
- Trying to be objective, I fired up Microsoft Word to look at their button size, and discovered that the JTCS ones are a bit smaller than many on MS Word, but the more significant difference might be the clarity of what is displayed on them. E.g. the "Bold" "B" button in MS Word isn't enormous but it is very clear. Ditto the "CS" button on the top of this web page. So bigger OR clearer buttons?

Anyway you're right, there is plenty of positive stuff on this patch, it's just those buttons are in use a lot...