• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS v2.0 — Likes and Dislikes
03-18-2014, 06:36 AM,
RE: JTCS v2.0 — Likes and Dislikes
(03-18-2014, 03:50 AM)Bioman Wrote: I just noticed that if you try to sort scenarios by date it does not work. The scenarios just seemed to be listed randomly.

Bad (Talonsoft) legacy code, combined with more recent date fixes. Will be corrected in 2.01.

Quote:Also it is very frustrating to have to unselect graphical unit icons EVERY time that I log into a game.

Will also be fixed in 2.01.
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2014, 03:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014, 03:59 AM by XMGO.)
2014 Anno Domini

no - mouse zoom
no - hold left mouse button Map Scrolling (Panzer Corps)
04-27-2014, 11:18 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: JTCS v2.0 — Likes and Dislikes
(02-23-2014, 03:56 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(02-23-2014, 02:09 AM)berto Wrote: We are unlikely to reduce the number of icons in the toolbar. The idea is to have the most commonly used game functions accessible three ways: toolbar, menu, hot keys.

However, we are thinking of giving players the option to toggle between the current small vs. a new larger toolbar, with larger buttons.

Hey Berto. Smoke7

Having a choice for a larger bottom icon tool bar would be most appreciated by this player! Thank you! Big Grin

Big Grin same for this player! BIG Buttoms are a real help for not so young players with "Progressive Lens"! Thanks!
Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!
04-27-2014, 11:56 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: JTCS v2.0 — Likes and Dislikes
Smile
(02-23-2014, 03:56 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(02-23-2014, 02:09 AM)berto Wrote: We are unlikely to reduce the number of icons in the toolbar. The idea is to have the most commonly used game functions accessible three ways: toolbar, menu, hot keys.

However, we are thinking of giving players the option to toggle between the current small vs. a new larger toolbar, with larger buttons.

Hey Berto. Smoke7

Having a choice for a larger bottom icon tool bar would be most appreciated by this player! Thank you! Big Grin

Wink Larger Icons would be appreciated! Works better for the NOT so young players who wear progressive lens! Thanks in advance!
Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!
05-01-2014, 04:49 PM,
I like the new sounds for the weapons, the new animation speeds and the menu with more options in general. I did not like the fact that many nationalities are there but no historical battles on the scenarios or campaigns. Another down is that I was told months before the new update that Brazil (as well as others) would be available in the Battle generator. Well, it is but it is not really. The program says that there are no units available for the Brazil in it. I would like to have besides the name on it, actual units and the option to fight any nationality even if not historically possible. Just for fun. I guess everyone is talking about the new buttons. I honestly prefer the classic ones and I am happy that we will have the option again in the new update. The look on 2.0 is very nice in general. I still do not like that units disappear instead of lay dead on the ground. Engineers should all be able to disarm mines and carry them to lay in other locations. I like the wreck recovering vehicles and the trains. I like the airplane battle boot camp.
05-02-2014, 01:47 AM,
(05-01-2014, 04:49 PM)zartanlaw Wrote: I still do not like that units disappear instead of lay dead on the ground. Engineers should all be able to disarm mines and carry them to lay in other locations. I like the wreck recovering vehicles and the trains. I like the airplane battle boot camp.

No and no. Scale is what should drive the game. Not dead bodies or engineers carrying off mines in a six minute span. Scale is most important.
I never liked the airplane stuff either.

HSL
05-02-2014, 07:58 PM,
(05-01-2014, 04:49 PM)zartanlaw Wrote: Another down is that I was told months before the new update that Brazil (as well as others) would be available in the Battle generator. Well, it is but it is not really. The program says that there are no units available for the Brazil in it. I would like to have besides the name on it, actual units and the option to fight any nationality even if not historically possible.

There's a lot of work ongoing at the moment with the Dynamic Campaigns / Battle Generator front end code (ie. code that was not part of JT's game engine, but was added to front end menus for EFI by TS).

It is still not certain what will make 2.01 and what 2.1, though, so stay tuned ...

ReadWriteSweepChop WoodDont Know
05-03-2014, 05:08 PM,
Thanks for the communication man. I am sure the the work is long but it keeps getting better each time for us. I'll keep tuned.

There's a lot of work ongoing at the moment with the Dynamic Campaigns / Battle Generator front end code (ie. code that was not part of JT's game engine, but was added to front end menus for EFI by TS).

It is still not certain what will make 2.01 and what 2.1, though, so stay tuned ...

ReadWriteSweepChop WoodDont Know
[/quote]