• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS 2.0 Patch - Thank You Thread
02-22-2014, 02:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2014, 02:59 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: JTCS 2.0 Patch - Thank You Thread
(02-22-2014, 12:54 AM)Scud Wrote: I have yet to download it, but only because I've been so busy. I'm sure there will be lots to like and lots, even, to dislike. It must be said, though, that thanks to the new JTCS team, we can voice our opinions and they will not only be heard, but if valid, revised on subsequent versions. New ideas and wishlists are now possibilities, instead of dreams. Wasn't so long ago none of that was the case. If fact, it wasn't so long ago this game was dead.

Thanks guys!

Dave

Dave, I echo your sentiments exactly! I am very late comer to the development team, and if not for the Old Guard such as Jason and Mike and for Berto's magic we would not have seen this UPDATE see the day light. I take a bow as well.

As for being open about the changes, that has been the team intention. With Berto's Coder Reviews, most if not all new features have been introduced to community to gauge the feedback and reaction.

I hear the comments about the small icons, it was a conscious decision, and we are certainly listening on the feedback. FWIW, the icons were introduced already in August, in Berto's Coder Diary #9 (LINK HERE). Not trying to be smart ### here, just saying.

Graphics and screen resolution remain one of the top priorities, and for an instance a new 2D Zoomed-in view is high on our wish list too.

The most important feature of the 2.00 UPDATE as far as I am concerned? The unified code base! As the Modern Wars series picks up, any new features and capabilities can be introduced to MCS as well, with a wave of Berto's magic keyboard.

We are listening. To get even this far took quite an effort. These things take time. But I do say future looks bright for this grand old lady of a wargame Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2014, 03:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2014, 03:54 AM by Scud.)
This thread started out as a place to thank the JTCS team. Therefore, I've opened a new thread where you can add v2.0 likes and dislikes: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=65849

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-22-2014, 09:12 AM,
Thanks fellas!