• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bunkers
02-20-2014, 10:50 PM,
Bunkers
Anyone knows how to take out that Bunkers from the Front? What are the Diffrence between Wooden and Concrete?

Stuarts 37mm HE dont work. Jester

Are Mortars effective Way to kill them? If so what Ranges and how many Hits needed in general? Helmet Smile
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 11:03 AM,
RE: Bunkers
I can't say I've dealt with the concrete ones. Going off the Costra Nosa Scenario and I think the first mission in Courage and Fortitude, the wooden buildings are pretty weak. All that's really needed to pinned'em is one or two machine guns and a flanking group with a zook or a demo charge to knock it out. I think any type of tank would be enough to clear the wooden buildings, either by knocking them out or just pinning them till the crew bails. I think we regular tanks the only way to knock out a concrete bunker would be to shoot right through the fire port.
02-24-2014, 06:51 PM,
RE: Bunkers
Stuarts should do the job just fine against wooden bunkers. With enough time,HE shells and a couple of lucky slit shoots, probably it will take care of the concrete ones,as well.

If you don't have armor to send against bunkers your only chance is to use smoke and try to flank the bunkers with some pioneer squads.

Using mortars against bunkers is a waste of ammo, unless you're using it to lay down a smoke screen. I haven't yet seen a bunker taken out my mortars.
Send this user an email