• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS 2.0 Patch is Available!
02-21-2014, 09:38 AM,
RE: JTCS 2.0 Patch is Available!
(02-21-2014, 08:42 AM)PawelM Wrote: Anyone tried installing the update on XP? when I want ti install the update I get the message that system requirements are not met and various versions are supported but not XP. Did I miss something or XP support has been dropped?

UPDATE: I managed to run the installation, but after it completed ( which seemd like a successful install) the game will not run at all :(.. I can only get as far as menu for EF,WF and RS selection.. Will need to try Matrix forum for any known issues :(

A possible answer to your problem at: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3552491

Also, in Windows Explorer, try double clicking on the West Front, East Front, and/or Rising Sun EXEs to start the game -- thereby bypassing the uber menu EXE?
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2014, 01:43 PM,
I have XP and the update seems to work fine.
02-21-2014, 09:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2014, 06:56 AM by Von Earlmann.)
signing off
02-21-2014, 10:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2014, 10:16 PM by Crossroads.)
(02-21-2014, 09:42 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote: I learned a long time ago not to rush into something new. I think I will wait and let others find all the things(good and bad) that are here and after feed back will make my decision. Right now I will be staying with the version I have installed.

Don't pay no mind to me tho I'm just an old guy.

VE

Thumbs Up

This reminds me: it is our strong recommendation everyone would take the time to create a fresh new install for 2.00.

There is no absolute need to remove the old one, and in fact while betatesting 2.00 I had some five-six installations on my disk at the same time, from 1.00 to 1.04, then various versions of 2.00 beta.

One option to create a new install is to name the install "John Tiller's Campaign Series 2.0" when the installer prompts for the installation folder and group.

Then, you would have, say:

C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\ <= for 1.04 gaming
C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series 2.0\ <= for 2.0 gaming

Just a suggestion though.

However please take the time to start with a fresh install everyone! Better to be safe than sorry right Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-22-2014, 06:44 AM,
(02-21-2014, 05:16 AM)berto Wrote: Sorry we don't have anything official & concise on this yet. Due to the pressures of meeting deadline, we fell short. (The Manual was updated, but there was no time to compile it as a PDF.) The Coder Diaries are not concise. New features summaries and other game docs & aids will be posted at the Matrix Forum in the days and weeks ahead.

This certainly is something I am waiting for, because at the moment apart from cosmetic changes I am not really sure what else is new. I know someone can say to look at coder diaries, but I would prefer a what is new list ....
02-22-2014, 07:47 AM,
(02-22-2014, 06:44 AM)PawelM Wrote:
(02-21-2014, 05:16 AM)berto Wrote: Sorry we don't have anything official & concise on this yet. Due to the pressures of meeting deadline, we fell short. (The Manual was updated, but there was no time to compile it as a PDF.) The Coder Diaries are not concise. New features summaries and other game docs & aids will be posted at the Matrix Forum in the days and weeks ahead.

This certainly is something I am waiting for, because at the moment apart from cosmetic changes I am not really sure what else is new. I know someone can say to look at coder diaries, but I would prefer a what is new list ....

See the 2.0 Changelog.
02-23-2014, 02:50 AM,
I have a question. I am not a computer expert so I apologize if this question may sound rather bizarre. Once the download has completed what do I do next?
Gil
02-23-2014, 02:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2014, 02:57 AM by Crossroads.)
Hello Gil!

It is our recommendation to do a clean new install, so you would

1) first install MCS 1.0 from the original CD / Digital Download, preferrably to a new parallel directory ie.

John Tiller's Campaign Series 2.0

2) then install the 2.0 update to a same folder, by double clicking the download.

Now you would have the 1.04 to continue your current games, and 2.0 for all games going forward.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-23-2014, 02:59 AM,
(02-23-2014, 02:50 AM)Oberst Wrote: I have a question. I am not a computer expert so I apologize if this question may sound rather bizarre. Once the download has completed what do I do next?

The downloaded 2.00 installer is an EXE file, so you would run it like any other program, in this case: In Windows Explorer, double-click on the installer filename. But when asked where to apply the patch, make sure you specify the correct John Tiller's Campaign Series folder!

We do advise, BTW, that you re-install the game afresh from original 1.00 medium (file or CD), but into a new top-level folder, say, "John Tiller's Campaign Series 2.00". That way, you can keep your existing, in-use installation undisturbed, and for finishing any ongoing games started under 1.04.

Good luck!
02-23-2014, 03:03 AM,
No Berto I am pretty certain the new folder need to be "2.0" Whip

Jester
Visit us at CSLegion.com