• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB replay or animation freezes on arty firing.
02-16-2014, 05:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014, 05:10 AM by burroughs.)
Help  SB replay or animation freezes on arty firing.
I am encountering that again and again in almost each SB title I am playing - when there is a replay that covers the enemy arty fires or one of my leaders on the ground calls for the arty support and the shells are hitting - the game screen freezes and the mouse cursor signalizes action in process, hear the respective sounds of the process in the background, but I cannot see anything - where the shells and rounds actually land and to what effect -until it's over so I can only try to figure out what has happened in the meantime if I need more detail.

Apparently that affects not only my desktop machine, but laptop as well even though it used to plague the first one only and not the other in the past. I am running Win 7, my graphic card here is NIVIDIA GeForce GT 630 with resolution 1680 X 1050.
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2014, 05:35 AM,
RE: SB replay or animation freezes on arty firing.
I have seen this phenomenon also

Steve
02-16-2014, 06:59 AM,
(02-16-2014, 05:10 AM)burroughs Wrote: I am encountering that again and again in almost each SB title I am playing - when there is a replay that covers the enemy arty fires or one of my leaders on the ground calls for the arty support and the shells are hitting - the game screen freezes and the mouse cursor signalizes action in process, hear the respective sounds of the process in the background, but I cannot see anything - where the shells and rounds actually land and to what effect -until it's over so I can only try to figure out what has happened in the meantime if I need more detail.

Apparently that affects not only my desktop machine, but laptop as well even though it used to plague the first one only and not the other in the past. I am running Win 7, my graphic card here is NIVIDIA GeForce GT 630 with resolution 1680 X 1050.

I get the replay error message..... a lot........
Send this user an email
02-16-2014, 10:43 PM,
I have finally managed to attach the screenshot - the blank field in the lower right corner is the friendly off-map arty menu.

Attached Files
.jpg   SB glitch (800x500).jpg (Size: 348.49 KB / Downloads: 14)
02-17-2014, 12:11 AM,
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...ght=freeze

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?T=482092

This has been a long standing issue that they haven't been able to resolve. It's a video card thing, based on everything I've ever read.
02-17-2014, 01:28 AM,
I had the issue on my last computer (XP). It's a nvidia drivers issue.

I have issues here & there with nvidia drivers on AutoCAD, but I try to stay on top of driver updates.

You can check to see which is the latest for your machine.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
06-11-2014, 11:39 PM,
Okay whiz-bang techies,

Here are three screen shots from Falkands. This is a problem I get when I watch the replay. The engine somehow throws up a double closing sequence. No problem until I end my turn and then I get the error writing .bte message

End Replay Glitch 1 --> shows the double "End of replay" mini-screen

End Replay Glitch 2 --> this is after I clicked on one of the "end replay" "OK" buttons, and shows that my turn is initiating even with an "end replay" screen still showing.

End Replay Glitch 3 shows the "Error Writing File" message when I close my turn with the advance button.

Attached Files
.jpg   End Replay Glitch 1.jpg (Size: 338.52 KB / Downloads: 12)
.jpg   End Replay Glitch 2.jpg (Size: 350.55 KB / Downloads: 11)
.jpg   End Replay Glitch 3 closing my turn.jpg (Size: 339.64 KB / Downloads: 11)
06-13-2014, 07:06 PM,
Do remember when Art firing the game would freeze, if I didn't touch or move the mouse until it finished, it seemed to help.

Off topic Steve, have you got my last turns
06-13-2014, 07:13 PM,
Sometimes it does help, other times the bug is back with no apparent link to any action taken or not by the player.
06-17-2014, 12:42 AM,
I occasionally have seen those double messages too (which is unrelated to the arty freezing issue). And I believe it usually gets followed up by that "Error Writing File" message. The latter message means the turn is corrupt and there really isn't anything you can do except go back to an earlier turn and make your moves again.

I believe I have had limited luck skipping the replay. In other words, if you get that double message, close the game without saving it and then reopen it but skip the replay. It's been a while, but I think occasionally that allowed me to make my move and save my turn without getting the "Error Writing File" message.