• Downloads

I hate PzIVs
03-04-2015, 02:45 AM,
RE: I hate PzIVs
(03-04-2015, 01:44 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: @Toblakai
I just saw your post on the BFC forums.
My congratulations on the diplomatic, humble and moderate tone

Same

(03-04-2015, 01:44 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: - which I am afraid is totally inadequate for these zombies.

as one of those zombies I'll choose not to take offence at that Big Grin

It is my humble opinion as one that has argued with many many people staying humble and moderate is the only way to make progress. If your true goal is to convince others of you point it is a requirement. As soon as you start insulting people or raving like a rabid dog you are ignored or worse. And much worse than the opinion of the person you are arguing with is the others who are reading. Their opinion of those that get worked up will drop and then no one is listening to your argument but ignoring you.
03-04-2015, 04:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015, 05:06 AM by Steiner14.)
Quote:Their opinion of those that get worked up will drop and then no one is listening to your argument but ignoring you.
Then they are all ears on what Toblakai wrote? Big Grin

I have a suggestion for you:
Why don't you join the discussion and try to support Toblakai's point.

If this was your true conviction, why don't you practice it? Why don't you support the kind of good comments and requests for better gameplay when they are made on their forums?
For example where is your supporting comment about the suicidal StuGs in Hpt. Lisse's thread? He has been communicating with himself for weeks. Big Grin
Or the thread discussing the problem that recon vehicles after so many years still attack tanks?
Recently there was another discussion started where someone complained about trucks reacting stupidly in panic. Where have you been to jump in and support him by demanding better results? A solution had been suggested by a poster in another thread about recon vehicles comes to my mind for example.

How many of the FINALLY HIT DECALS!-zombies are really playing the game? The played back sounds of unspotted but shooting units (guns, mortars) was already a big problem, but thanks to hit decals the location of these units often can be pinpointed to the exact action square now!!!
Great progress of the engine.

Or where are the complaints what Toblakai said about the graphic effect for water crossings? EVERY PBEM game that includes water which can be crossed has been RUINED with that idiotic effect.

Show me, where are all the gentle discussions that convinced the zombies? They do not exist!

From a certain degree of stupidity on, only a stick over the head creates the necessary attention. And the one who used the stick at least knows, that he has given them what their stupidity deserved.
While the Toblakai's die in beauty - left alone from those, who claim to be on the diplomatic customer's side.
03-04-2015, 05:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015, 05:01 AM by Steiner14.)
(03-04-2015, 02:19 AM)PoorOldSpike Wrote: It must be getting on for 10 years since I was last in the BFC forum and it was like a madhouse because no matter what tactical comments I made to try to help newcomers, I was howled down by a loud minority of regulars, and once even a couple of the developers tried arguing with me. Eventually one poster asked "Who the hell do you think you are, coming here and trying to tell people how to play?", so I replied "I'm the Rugged Defense ladder leader", and posted this pic-

[Image: rd-cup.gif]

and the next time i tried to log in to BFC this message came up- "You have been banned: Date ban will be lifted-Never".

Wow.
Do you have a link to the thread?
03-04-2015, 06:51 AM,
(03-04-2015, 04:47 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: Why don't you join the discussion and try to support Toblakai's point.

Ah well I have and I cannot say that I totally support his point (or at least the ones he made on their forum) so there is that.

(03-04-2015, 04:47 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: If this was your true conviction, why don't you practice it? Why don't you support the kind of good comments and requests for better gameplay when they are made on their forums?

I do support good suggestions pretty much ever day. I make the odd one as well - still waiting for most of them to appear in the game too Smile

Look, just because some people don't follow in lock step with you does not make their ideas invalid.

(03-04-2015, 04:47 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: Or where are the complaints what Toblakai said about the graphic effect for water crossings? EVERY PBEM game that includes water which can be crossed has been RUINED with that idiotic effect.

It is a bug. It has been reported - and I reminded the devs about it too because I thought it was fixed. It will get fixed. No idea when though but it will.

(03-04-2015, 04:47 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: Show me, where are all the gentle discussions that convinced the zombies? They do not exist!

Sigh, they do. They have. I'm not digging around to find the examples. It is clear you will not be happy no matter what. You seem to read the forums so you will have seen the same examples I have. Not much more to say really.
03-04-2015, 09:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015, 09:29 AM by Steiner14.)
(03-04-2015, 06:51 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote:
(03-04-2015, 04:47 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: Why don't you join the discussion and try to support Toblakai's point.

Ah well I have and I cannot say that I totally support his point (or at least the ones he made on their forum) so there is that.

Where? I cannot see it.
All I can see is an awful comment of IanL in the worst tradition of that forum.

I think one of the root problems is (besides the core of the problem, that the developer doesn't play the game like the vast majority of long time customers), that the long term PBEM players have written off the forums a long time ago and are only showing up and posting something, if it really hurts them, while the forum regulars spread their stupidity every day and hail every bad decision for PBEM players. This creates a completely distorted reality and is a self feeding loop.

For example, instead that a storm of outrage rises, if an unnecessary feature which breaks FOW is implemented, the PBEM players are silent, while the forum mob is perfectly happy about it. This givese a false relation of the severity of the problem.
Quote:
(03-04-2015, 04:47 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: If this was your true conviction, why don't you practice it? Why don't you support the kind of good comments and requests for better gameplay when they are made on their forums?

I do support good suggestions pretty much ever day.
Toblakai's water problem? Hpt. Lisse's StuGs? The stupid vehicle behaviour? Where are you?

Quote:Look, just because some people don't follow in lock step with you does not make their ideas invalid.
It's always the same trick:
Someone raises an important problem for PBEM players.
A: There are many other problems to be solved, too. Your WISHES are not the only ones.

I can understand if the developer uses this trick, but I can only shake my head when customers do not support the customer's role but repeat the excuses of the developer.

A quite funny example is the current discussion about the complaints of vehicle behaviour. Besides the usual pedant comments, the fanbois repeated exactly the excuses from the developer why this problem allegedly can't be fixed. Then a beta tester comes in and says: we discuss it, too. Big Grin But hey, the complaint is unreasonable and the poster crucified... Jester

That's exactly how this forum works: drive out and shut up the critics until the fanbois can calim another "victory" in defending the game. Too bad they do not realize that with every one made shut up, the raised problem has not vanished...
Quote:
(03-04-2015, 04:47 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: Or where are the complaints what Toblakai said about the graphic effect for water crossings? EVERY PBEM game that includes water which can be crossed has been RUINED with that idiotic effect.

It is a bug. It has been reported - and I reminded the devs about it too because I thought it was fixed. It will get fixed. No idea when though but it will.

And when was this feature released?
And what happened since? Vehicle pack sold, Black Sea sold!
Bug unsolved.

But it has been reported and it is accepted as bug. How generous.
Removing this feature and releasing a patch without it, until it works correctly, in my opinion would have been the correct customer friendly way torwards PBEM players. But to break FOW and make customers wait for a fix for over a year is like pissing in your face and you say THANK YOU!
Quote:
(03-04-2015, 04:47 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: Show me, where are all the gentle discussions that convinced the zombies? They do not exist!

Sigh, they do. They have. I'm not digging around to find the examples.
Great. You claim something but can't support it, because these discussions are so rare on their forum. Big Grin
I could show you three RECENT discussions where realism related topics have been ignored or sabotaged by the forum mob.

Quote: It is clear you will not be happy no matter what.
How will you know what makes me happy?
It is clear that you defend the developers and their customer unfriendly treatment of customers playing mostly PBEM.

Don't you see, that the game development more and more is drifting away from the interests of PBEM players?
03-04-2015, 01:26 PM,
(03-04-2015, 09:24 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: Where? I cannot see it.
All I can see is an awful comment of IanL in the worst tradition of that forum.

Yeah, that's me.

(03-04-2015, 09:24 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: Don't you see, that the game development more and more is drifting away from the interests of PBEM players?

Nope.

Just because I do not agree with you does not make me some kind of enemy.
03-04-2015, 01:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015, 02:00 PM by Steiner14.)
Smile  RE: I hate PzIVs
Quote:Yeah, that's me.
What?!
Here you claim to be in support of the interests of PBEM players but there you play the uninformed who doesn't understand what Toblakai is talking about?!
You are even downplaying the problem, and praise it, that this was a registered bug anyway, instead that you support him and make pressure. Absolutely incredible. Crazy
You even have the chutzpah to ask him about other bugs as if you didn't read here about the many problems.
With such strong "supporters" on their forum for problems of PBEM players, we really do not need any enemies.
CM gravedigger!
03-04-2015, 09:46 PM,
Love and peace, mates! Peace Pipe

It’s only a game and there is no reason for this kind of dispute. Normally it won't have a happy end ... Pirate Duel
03-04-2015, 09:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015, 02:03 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
(03-04-2015, 05:01 AM)Steiner14 Wrote: Wow.
Do you have a link to the thread?

No mate, I washed my hands of the BFC forum years ago, I suppose my 10-year-old threads and posts must still be in there somewhere but I don't know exactly where.
After I was banned for upsetting them I simply moved on to other forums and clubs and posted my screenshots and stuff there instead, including here at Blitz..:)
03-05-2015, 02:55 AM,
Well that got out of hand. I'm locking this up so things do not get worse.