• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Order of Battle: Pacific by Slitherine
02-01-2014, 09:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014, 09:59 PM by Kool Kat.)
Order of Battle: Pacific by Slitherine
Gents: Smoke7

There's a brand new Pacific theater game under development by Slitherine and scheduled to be released in 1Q14!

Order of Battle: Pacific http://www.the-artistocrats.com/

It features gorgeous 3D graphics and animations! Hopefully, game play is as exciting as the "eye candy?"

Order of Battle: Pacific Forum http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=264

IMO, it looks like it would make a nice addition to the Naval Warfare Ladder! Smile

What do you guys think about this pending new game? Idea2
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2014, 12:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014, 12:49 AM by Compass Rose.)
RE: Order of Battle: Pacific by Slitherine
From watching the only two videos offered, that just happen to be showing only land based units in action, the land units were about 1000 times larger than the buildings. It would be nice to see what things look like when you have 4-5 different units sharing the same hex.

They also need to offer some video of some of the naval units fighting.

At this point, it isn't a game that I would have an interest in buying.
02-02-2014, 07:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014, 11:25 PM by Kool Kat.)

I'm keeping an open mind about this game. Order of Battle: Pacific has a distinctive "miniatures" look and feel to it that I find appealing. In my earlier war gaming days, I dabbled in GHQ micro armor, but because of the cost, time associated with painting the models, and lack of display / play space for armor campaigns, that hobby fell by the wayside.

In any case, I am looking for video of actual play before making a final "buy or no buy" decision. Smile
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
02-07-2014, 03:22 AM,
Yet another Panzer General\Panzer Corps game..
Send this user an email
02-08-2014, 02:41 AM,
They are a tough crowd here aren't they...
02-08-2014, 04:50 AM,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion? Idea2

For me, I like it when new and possibly innovative war games come to market. Smile

I've been following the development news of Order of Battle: Pacific on the Slitherine Website. There looks to be extensive OOBs, and diverse unit capabilities. I am interested in both the miniatures "look and feel" of the game in addition to WW2 Pacific Theater battles and campaigns.

Hopefully, some game play video will be released soon! Smile

IF I do buy this game... I'll write up my impressions in the NWL Forums Write That way, players can make informed purchase decisions. Wink
Send this user an email
08-15-2014, 12:18 AM,
Sorry, but this is cool! Big Grin

[Image: counters3D.jpg]
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
08-15-2014, 09:51 PM,
Big Grin Now now - if it were a tough crowd, then it would have been more like: Looks like repackaged Pacific General (wondering if my copy still works.... might have to check it out.) ;)
Send this user an email
08-17-2014, 02:34 AM,
I love the second video! Who will win? The quick appearing little tank or the monster tank?
[Image: Big%20tank%20verus%20little%20tank.JPG]
Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-26-2015, 05:23 AM,
Has anyone actually played it yet? Would love to hear more.Helmet Wink