• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

EA or Not? That is the Question!
02-17-2014, 10:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014, 10:58 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: EA or Not? That is the Question!
EA...opened up this game. Try playing a single DEA scen without EA. I started playing online here...and quit, immediately...when I saw the tricks being perpetuated.

Any...and all of you cats can describe that. ...and to perpetuate that that is a good thing...well, hmmm...maybe it is a good thing for the game...maybe it is a good thing for whatever...but it is not a good thing for what we are trying to look for.

I don't know if, EA is any good or not. What I do know is the stock version was not good. And we all know that.

cheers

Curt
Town Drunk
02-19-2014, 12:24 AM,
I'd prefer that EA was the only way. No EA just gives the chance to play scns the way they were not meant to play: like they were made for the ladies. Gamey that is...

The gamey "tricks" were not invented by the scn designers, old or new. Stating that older scns were automatically designed to play without EA is bs, unless you don't execute the "tricks".

Huib
02-19-2014, 12:55 AM,
(02-19-2014, 12:24 AM)Huib Versloot Wrote: The gamey "tricks" were not invented by the scn designers, old or new. Stating that older scns were automatically designed to play without EA is bs, unless you don't execute the "tricks".

So, you are saying that the early developers and scenario designers had EA in mind when they created scenarios?

Since I was the only one to state that early designs where made without EA in mind are you then accusing me of stating "bs"?

Sorry, for you, if you feel that you can do that.

And, for the record I've seen equal "gamey tricks" using EA on. Gamey tricks are done by players. I've even seen some designers use them to support their scenarios.

HSL
02-19-2014, 02:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2014, 02:55 AM by Otto von Blotto.)
(02-19-2014, 12:24 AM)Huib Versloot Wrote: I'd prefer that EA was the only way. No EA just gives the chance to play scns the way they were not meant to play: like they were made for the ladies. Gamey that is...

The gamey "tricks" were not invented by the scn designers, old or new. Stating that older scns were automatically designed to play without EA is bs, unless you don't execute the "tricks".

Huib

What a pity the thread was doing ok with some interesting and insightful responses before this. Thumbs Down
06-14-2014, 08:14 PM,
Absolutely correct Otto.

It is not "OK" to be an arrogant you know what on the forums.
06-14-2014, 08:57 PM,
Gents: Smoke7

We are not resurrecting a 4 month old thread.

Let's not Horse5

I have closed it.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email