• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Reporting the team game result against the Blitz Shadow Player.
01-31-2014, 02:50 AM,
Help  Reporting the team game result against the Blitz Shadow Player.
I took part in an unfortunate team game of DF '85 TBFTB 4.7 as a member of the NATO team. There were seven people in total participating on both sides so the friction made the game unplayable in the long run. However after some heated debate with the use of mail missiles the Warsaw Pact team generally agreed to grant us major victory. The case is that apparently none of the other participants is interested in reporting the results, nobody has done it here or raised the issue before so I wonder if that would be possible - without the need to engage in some more debating or trying to get people to do something they're not interested in just for the sake of accuracy or political correctness - to report an register the result here with me against the Blitz Shadow Player since there were three people on the NATO team and four on the other side of the iron curtain so the numbers were uneven here anyway. Whistle
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2014, 06:31 AM,
RE: Reporting the team game result against the Blitz Shadow Player.
How far did the teams play? And when did the game implode?

One more thing - who else played?

Thanks
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-31-2014, 07:24 AM,
I am quite sure we never got further than some 30 turns, but would have to check the details for the exact number. I was on the NATO team with Witblitz and Phil, the other team was turn by Indragnir, Spirymon and two other guys whose callsigns I'd have to look up for either - Alaric as far as I can remember and the last nickname has slipped my mind, but it's stored somewhere.
01-31-2014, 09:51 AM,
Thanks, and when did the game "end"? I need to contact all the players involved to see what is going on, rare for players to all not want to report a game.

Whatever happens, if you were on the team with fewer players, you can't report against the shadow player, unless something really special is happening here.

Maybe you should forward the last email or two of turns to me, you have me email from our current Moscow '42 game.

Thanks
Rick
01-31-2014, 05:12 PM,
Then we have a problem Houston as I already did since the custodian at the SB ladder pointed to the way it is done after I had posted here and You replied. I could possibly disclose the mail exchange, but that perhaps would have to be agreed upon by the other participants of the discussion. Cannot exactly remember when the game stopped one more time, perhaps a few months ago and me and a member of the WP team raised the issue last December - the general difficulty being that some of the WP team members cause two long delays lasting for months due to personal and health problems. The last turn of the game I happen to have here on this machine is dated Sep 13th last year, I'll try to find one or two more and send You ASAP.
02-16-2014, 04:56 AM,
Since the report was erased - mm I figuring the thing out correctly that now I need to find the WP team member who is willing to allow me reporting the game against him just to be able to leave a trace of the game? I didn't send the latest game files or looking for WP team allowance to disclose the details of our correspondence where we sorted out the way the game got dissolved since there is apparently no point in that.

Now, if I find the WP team member willing to help me and I offer a report which would not affect his ladder statistics - do I get any points for my time and effort put into the team game?

Regarding the Blitz Shadow Player rule that allows reporting the games that way only against members who left the Club - my first opponent went silent over four years ago, he hasn't dropped in on here ever since, did not respond in any way to any messages - we even had another ladder member form the Pacific basin phoning his likely number directly then to no reply - has he left the Club or we need start a legal action to deem him formally gone? I quite often come across guys - statistically I play lots of games - who happen to drop scenarios at some point and then I should do what? I read the rules and thought that I dug them, but may not be the case her.
02-16-2014, 06:23 AM,
A player can't just "leave" the Blitz, the club removes that player, either for cause or because the person requested it. Then a report against the Shadow Player is okay, but it should be done within a very reasonable time. I don't know if you now want to claim a victory against your fist opponent, but after 4 years it is a bit too late, even if the person was a member but isn't any longer.

Your comment about finding a WP team member "willing to help me" concerns me quite a bit. We play games here and if you had a game, you shouldn't need to get "help" to report a game, and if it was a forfeit, which you have never flat out said it was, you can just report it - but that is why I suggested you share some kind of email on the situation, with me offline. I don't know why that is a problem, but until you do something like that I will not let a report of a team game stand against the Shadow Player as that isn't fair to the other ladder members.

I thought you have reported forfeited games in the past, right? At least you have posted about games like that and I thought reported them. If so, that answers the last point you raise, about what to do when your opponent drops the game. You report it as a forfeit victory, as long as you have followed the rules we have on taking those, against the player, not against the Shadow Player. You can claim that here as long as it was a legitimate forfeit, which is why I requested emails. This whole issue and the way you raised it indicates there is more going on than in a normal game, and if you don't want to explain it to me, fine, but then no game to report either.

Please feel free to email me offline if you want.

Thanks
Rick