• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Reporting the result agains the Blitz Shadow player.
01-31-2014, 08:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014, 08:53 AM by Richie61.)
RE: Reporting the result agains the Blitz Shadow player.
(01-31-2014, 08:20 AM)burroughs Wrote: What we're talking about, Ed?

I see that you recorded "Ardennes Christmas, Round 1 A", but didn't we just finish "Ardennes Christmas, Round 2 B"? I am guessing that maybe 2B isn't listed yet?

Ed
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2014, 12:53 PM,
The round two scenarios aren't up yet and if you have finished your round 2 scenario, someone needs to send me a file so I can tally up casualties and get ready for the next round. By the way, I don't think your first round was 1A, I think that was Steve and Mark, but I could be wrong.
01-31-2014, 02:15 PM,
Jeff,

I think you are correct and Marcin & myself were "AC-1B". Looking back I think I got confused with
the game results. I received an e-mail today and I thought it was from our latest game, but I think it may be the first game.
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
01-31-2014, 05:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014, 05:21 PM by burroughs.)
As I must have written before most of the time I was sure the scenarios aren't there in the database and I only found them yesterday. I admit I did not pay attention to the letter which goes the last , I just thought that the general description denotes the first scenario in the row and since the number was 1 I went ahead and finally reported that.

Besides once the game was concluded I asked You, Jeff, if You needed me to send You my last turn with the password or the scenario conclusion file and You promptly relied You had had the file from Ed already so I didn't bother anymore and waited for the scenario to appear in the database so we could report the result.

As a matter of fact - I have just checked that - the scenario I played with Ed was indeed AC1-B. Sorry for getting ahead with that.

... and Ed, before I report any game I send the scenario conclusion file to my opponents unless they decide to drop that by means of a gentlemen's agreement - or vanish obviously enough.
02-01-2014, 05:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014, 05:35 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
(01-31-2014, 03:30 AM)burroughs Wrote: Damn, I forgot to check the proper box since hardly ever do I get to report a team game result, especially here, but included that in my comments, hope that it gets the job done in that regard.

It was mentioned to me that by not checking that box, you'll actually end up getting more points than you would for an actual team game. I'll need you to delete that game and re-enter it with the team game box checked.

(01-31-2014, 02:15 PM)Richie61 Wrote: Jeff,

I think you are correct and Marcin & myself were "AC-1B". Looking back I think I got confused with
the game results. I received an e-mail today and I thought it was from our latest game, but I think it may be the first game.

Let's get this straightened out ASAP. If there are games recorded incorrectly, let's get them deleted and have the correct ones entered in
02-01-2014, 05:14 PM,
Deleted both games altogether if that makes anybody happy. Didn't know the rule with awarding points for the team games - I was the defeated side so now I am getting what? Three points instead of five? Ridiculous. Nobody lifted a finger most of the time, I reported the results the best I was able out of good will after having waited patiently until some issues got clarified just a bit, a couple of time I actually struggled to resurrect some of those games, the scenarios are not even there in the database so I am groping in the dark a little after all that time and now suddenly a heated debate arises - which scenario? Where? What result? Why? Where from? How? Can't we get a bit serious- retain some proportions I mean?
02-01-2014, 07:56 PM,
I have deleted Operation Galvanic from burroughs SqB scenario list.
02-01-2014, 08:07 PM,
Well, thanks a lot - now what?
02-01-2014, 10:53 PM,
I am not involved in the SqB ladder and so i have no knowledge of what is going on, as the "owner" of the Club shadow Player account i was notified that you required a result to be deleted.

Sorry i cannot help any more than that.
02-02-2014, 01:22 AM,
The Shadow Player has some restrictions on it, but since the team game had an odd number, it was a justified use that I authorized for this specific situation. What is decided here in the SB ladder doesn't apply to other ladders, given the very specific usage of the Shadow Player. Always consult with the ladder commander before registering games that there might be an issue....

The only mistake made was not checking the team game box. Re-register the game against the Shadow Player, just make sure you check the team game box, as I requested in post #15 of this thread.

Not a big deal.