• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SPMBT campaign proposition! (long post but worthy)
02-04-2014, 04:44 AM,
RE: SPMBT campaign proposition! (long post but worthy)
So far we have 4 NATO players and 3 WP players, so choice is really obvious. As far as I remember, you are rather new to this game. So I want to make myself sure once again if you will play, you will not drop in the middle and you will do your best. If you accept that and understand the game rules, I could provide you WP password.
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 12:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014, 12:56 PM by Gila.)
Sure would be nice to even up the sidesSmile
BTW, whats the deadline for signing up?
02-04-2014, 02:34 PM,
I dont think there is any, we can always put interested as reserve in case someone crushes off.
02-04-2014, 03:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014, 03:47 PM by Gila.)
Yep ,there maybe someone later to fill in if need be,that's not the worry ATM though.
Great job! breathing some fresh air in this almost dead forum however.
02-04-2014, 06:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014, 06:06 PM by Gila.)
Hey now!
Just read some of the rules and see nuclear and chemical weapons will be allowed in game.
That ain't right with me,and not right in the world either as nobody uses these things WMD's at this time,,either disallow them or count me out.
02-04-2014, 06:35 PM,
I don't like that either but if they are included at least give a heavy penalty for using them as it would not be accepted world wide.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
02-04-2014, 08:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2014, 08:37 AM by SaSTrooP.)
It remains unclear how WMDs would be used by that time. Chemical weapons - I guess - could be restrained, since NBC protection of that era was already advanced. About nuclear weaponry however... well, thats kinda tricky. Many historians agree that such weapons could be used on very limited scale, as both sides had something like "escalation level" - when you use it on limited level, we will as well.
WMDs in this campaign represent tactical level nuclear weaponry, such as SCUDs, not ones that erase everything. Similarly chemicals. As Vesku noted political reaction will be simulated. I do not exclude actions escalating further though, I have mentioned that in NATO subforums by one points (and that mention is accurate if we check with NATO plans).

I can however exclude WMDs by making a poll and if players decide they wanted them ripped. Otherwise I would ask all the players to stick to their selections - it is just a game after all...
I hope such proposition may satisfy you Gila.
02-08-2014, 12:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2014, 12:24 PM by Gila.)
Well,,this is rather close in game for such WMD's and i'm against it, is all I will say.
02-08-2014, 01:32 PM,
Honestly, I do not particularly understand, If you could clarify I would be grafetul.
BTW, you object presence of WMD for... humane reasons or purely gameplay issues and you fear destruction of campaign fun?
02-08-2014, 07:43 PM,
Hello SAS,

Yes I'm ready and eager to join in, I've been bashing away at the AI for weeks now and am getting better all the time. I have years of miniatures experience behind me so am not a complete tactical novice. Also I'm not working due to ill health so have all the time in the world to tackle turns.

Cheers,

Iain