• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any experience regarding Jazman's K '43 Manstein Strikes Back scen?
01-08-2014, 09:33 PM,
c_Question Mark  Any experience regarding Jazman's K '43 Manstein Strikes Back scen?
Hello there fellow blitzers.

As the title says. Does anyone have experience with the afermentioned scenario?

Iam planning to PBEM it in the near future and would like to gather some intel on how balanced/fun etc the map is.

If you have played on this map, pls share your thoughts. Helmet Wink

thank you
kvm
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 11:03 AM,
RE: Any experience regarding Jazman's K '43 Manstein Strikes Back scen?
Sorry, I had forgotten about his version of my scenario. Never tried it myself, not sure of anyone that has. I have seen some positive comments about my original version, but it doesn't have a huge amount of play itself.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-10-2014, 08:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014, 08:56 PM by burroughs.)
RE: Any experience regarding Jazman's K '43 Manstein Strikes Back scen?
Note that it's actually a mod for Kharkov '42 and not Kharkov '43 with which it does not work - I have tried myself to get that to run in there even though I had doubted it would. When there wasn't the latter one released, that was the only scenario I knew of covering the aftermath to operations "Star" and "Gallop" and a consequent Manstein's counteroffensive. I still have it in my K'42 directories - as kind of obsessed with that theater, period and particular battle I used to plan to play it in the PBEM mode once, but scrapped the idea due to the size and the length of the scenario and organized a PBEM team game of the Kharkov '43 grand campaign variant 1 instead. Besides it starts too late to my liking, but that was the aim apparently - to deal with the German counterattack only - so it's not a drawback or a flaw of any kind. Aw, I have just remembered - there was another, "The Flashing Sword of Retribution" by Marquo and that one covered the theater form the end of January and the Soviet spring offensive in the wake of the Stalingrad victory. That one is twice as long then and even more unmanageable for a one on one game, but think there are people who are capable of such feats.