• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bridge demolition ?
01-04-2014, 06:38 AM,
Bridge demolition ?
Has anyone determined if it's possible for engineers to blow a bridge in CMBN?? The "Blast" command doesn't seem to do the trick, and in every test I've run they won't throw demo charges using the "Target" command.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 08:20 AM,
RE: Bridge demolition ?
As far as I know, it's not possible. I'd love to see that option implemented, though, as well as bridge laying. I don't know how much it'd take to lay a small foot bridge but perhaps it fits well in the CMx2 battle times.
01-04-2014, 08:27 AM,
Well that blows.......pun intended.

It would make for some great scenarios if one side had the option to blow a crucial bridge.

01-06-2014, 11:36 PM,
Blowing bridges has been a requested feature on the BFC boards. The response has always been that it can be simulated now by having a strict time limit to achieve objectives that secure the bridge - in other words get the bridge in half an hour or it is blown.

I did play a scenario recently where the defending player is assigned a destroy objective of a small bridge. My opponent blew it up with direct fire from a couple of tanks.
01-07-2014, 07:21 AM,
I have always thought it would make a good scenario to have the defender holding a bridge and waiting to receive engineers as reinforcements, with a variable time of appearance. I guess the time limit to capture a bridge serves the same purpose though; just not as satisfying as watching it go up in smoke.

01-07-2014, 11:09 PM,
(01-07-2014, 07:21 AM)Jobu88 Wrote: I guess the time limit to capture a bridge serves the same purpose though; just not as satisfying as watching it go up in smoke.

So true.
01-20-2014, 01:47 AM,
The BFC has argued that within the time constraints of a CM scenario, bridge demolition is unrealistic or, at a minimum, not a good value for effort.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)