• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS Gallic Wars Update 1.11 Released
12-28-2013, 04:12 AM,
a_Arrow  HPS Gallic Wars Update 1.11 Released
HPS just released Gallic Wars Update 1.11.

The update list includes:

Version 1.11
Battle Engine:
Added –LHI now added as Roman option.
Added– Heavy Chariots to Punic army unit mix.
Corrected –SHC can not follow-up attack into impassable terrain.

Scenario Editor:
Adjusted- Variable ammo levels introduced. Default numbers set on creation of unit now adjustable

This update can be located here: http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/updates/up_...GALLICWARS
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2013, 04:42 AM,
RE: HPS Gallic Wars Update 1.11 Released
Appears to be a problem with the patch causing the game to crash when attempting to run it.

Anyone else having this problem?
12-29-2013, 06:50 PM,
My mistake - I missed two images that should be part of the update. I have attached them here and will be updating the HPS download in the next few days. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Please insert these images into the Gallic Wars 'Units' sub-folder. It should then work OK. I am steadily expanding the Gallic Wars features so keeping watching this site.

Attached Files
.zip   Carrying_Ladders.zip (Size: 145.51 KB / Downloads: 11)
01-05-2014, 02:09 AM,
Just curious, is it a possibility the three older titles will be updated to allow any nation to fight any other nation in scenario design?
01-05-2014, 07:57 AM,
(01-05-2014, 02:09 AM)TheGrayMouser Wrote: Just curious, is it a possibility the three older titles will be updated to allow any nation to fight any other nation in scenario design?

Although Punic Wars, Gallic Wars and Alexandrian Wars continue to be updated they will not change the more fundamental feature of one fixed side - Punic Wars and Gallic Wars have the Romans as the fixed side and Alexandrian Wars has the Macedonians as the fixed side. However, a quick look at the newer games in the series where any army can fight any army you will recognise that there are armies common with both the older and newer games -
Greek Wars includes the early Carthaginian army (from Punic Wars) for the battles in Sicily, Roman Civil Wars includes the Pontic and German armies represented in Gallic Wars (German army has similar units to the Gallic armies). Diadochoi Wars includes the Macedonian and Greek armies. Using the scenario editor you can create a new scenario covering periods not specifically focussed on for the more recent games in Ancient Warfare. You can use any map from any Ancient Warfare game in another game in the series.