• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unit ignores orders
12-17-2013, 04:42 AM,
Unit ignores orders
Can someone explain why some units just refuse to carry out orders to me? I have a tank that is just sitting there, unsuppressed, and I have ordered him two turns in a row to fire smoke to cover other tanks and each time he has not done it. All crew members are alive, he has smoke ammo, and there is no suppression plus he has sight to area (about 50m). Because of this I have now lost two tanks that he was suppose to cover. On top of that another tank was ordered to move and just sat there, result he is now dead.

I can understand if they are suppressed but how about when everything is normal?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2013, 06:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013, 06:11 AM by BBrus.)
RE: Unit ignores orders
Do you have partial LOS despite the short distance, tank in a hull down position?

Sometimes tanks won't shoot even if they have full LOS. It's happened to me that the gunner shows as "aiming", then spotting and then starts the cycle again. Sometimes they just sit there and do nothing. It's always happened in difficult positions, though. Like firing at an enemy tank through some woods or with slopes/hills/obstacles between the target and the shooter.
12-17-2013, 06:57 AM,
I experience the same thing from time to time. Recent example, I called in arty with 2 on-map 81mm mortars. After 3 turns, one mortar started landing rounds more or less on target. I clicked on both mortars to check their ammo and I noticed that one of them was targeted on a spot 100 yards from his location at a right angle from the desired firing axis to the target I wanted him to hit. Had to cancel and re-plot.

And some similar issues involving move orders; either the unit will not execute the orders I issued; or he just creates his own move orders which are often completely non-sensical.

I think it's just the usual friction of a computer game, some units will get their orders fouled up from time to time.

"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
12-17-2013, 12:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013, 12:52 PM by Weasel.)
(12-17-2013, 06:11 AM)BBrus Wrote: Do you have partial LOS despite the short distance, tank in a hull down position?

Sometimes tanks won't shoot even if they have full LOS. It's happened to me that the gunner shows as "aiming", then spotting and then starts the cycle again. Sometimes they just sit there and do nothing. It's always happened in difficult positions, though. Like firing at an enemy tank through some woods or with slopes/hills/obstacles between the target and the shooter.

It was full LOS to a spot just down the road (he was on the road too). I had the example you give happen in my Sand Dunes battle, but my guy died.

(12-17-2013, 06:57 AM)Jobu88 Wrote: I experience the same thing from time to time. Recent example, I called in arty with 2 on-map 81mm mortars. After 3 turns, one mortar started landing rounds more or less on target. I clicked on both mortars to check their ammo and I noticed that one of them was targeted on a spot 100 yards from his location at a right angle from the desired firing axis to the target I wanted him to hit. Had to cancel and re-plot.

And some similar issues involving move orders; either the unit will not execute the orders I issued; or he just creates his own move orders which are often completely non-sensical.

I think it's just the usual friction of a computer game, some units will get their orders fouled up from time to time.

I think so too, still some work to do on these games. Have you given up on CM1 now?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
12-17-2013, 01:05 PM,
No, I still have some CMx1 games going & probably always will. There's things I still like better about CMx1
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]