• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Pearl Harbor Day
12-08-2013, 11:35 AM,
c_Question Mark  Pearl Harbor Day
I hope it's not been forgotten after all??... Let's not.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2013, 12:41 PM,
RE: Pearl Harbor Day
Sadly it is fading from our culture. I don't think public schools have time to teach about our history anymore.

Wifey has been doing her usual searching about for online media coverage today. Found out about plans to develop Ford Island. Sad.
12-08-2013, 02:02 PM,
Mentioned in my Sunday paper today, though sadly not even a mention of the Arizona.
12-09-2013, 03:59 AM,
That's too bad, I was wondering, only my mom said anything to me today about it! I was stationed in the Marines at Kaneohe Bay Marine Air Station, as an 0311 back in 80-84, visited the Memorial and Ford Island, shouldn't even be an option to develop that, I consider the island a vital part of the museum!! The Memorial, if you have never been there, is a very sobering sight, the oil still slowly seeping upwards, and the eerie shadow of the hull beneath you.. I was also honored, while in the Corps, to make a landing on Iwo jima, as part of an anniversary thing, another very sobering event, very eerie, the island...
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
12-09-2013, 04:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 04:31 AM by Mr. Guberman.)
Nice call Warhorse.

For this, is the reason for making the Dutch East Indies scens. I was watching TV with the old lady, last night, and "From Here to Eternity" came on. That was the only book I ever layed down because it was so boring. I had to watch the movie before I could comprehend what the book was trying to portray.
A masterpiece...as the Japanese blew off the lid of the 1930's...right in front of the US's face. Outstanding book.

Cheers
Gubi

By the by...Go and scramble as a Dutchman...or play a Philippine scen... The CS has done a good job of portraying how it was back then. That's why I always check in...to see what's happening.

Cheers Gentlemen
Gubi
Town Drunk
12-09-2013, 05:05 AM,
...for that matter:

I can not imagine what 22 June, 1941 meant for the USSR. Good looking girls there too...so you know what I mean. Let's do the Hula...
Cheers
Gubi
Town Drunk