• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Waterloo Update 104b Released
11-16-2013, 05:39 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  Waterloo Update 104b Released
HPS just released update 104b for Waterloo.

The update can be located here:

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/updates/up_...NapBat.asp
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2013, 07:51 PM,
RE: Waterloo Update 104b Released
Hi,

just downloaded and updated the game: apart from the very useful fixes in PDT for the infantry fire in mud conditions, I expected that also the cavalry charge multiplier would have been set to 5 (instead of the original 3) as per the great majority of this series games. This has not happened and I'm just curious to know the reason behind this choice.

cheers

Enzo
11-19-2013, 01:37 AM,
(11-16-2013, 05:39 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: HPS just released update 104b for Waterloo.

The update can be located here:

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/updates/up_...NapBat.asp

Does this deal with the low hit issue of the last patch? Pretty much all my fire from skirmishers missed entirely no matter what the range or terrain. I uninstalled the patch and have been waiting for a correction to whatever went wrong.
11-20-2013, 01:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2013, 02:07 AM by agmoss99.)
I uninstalled the last patch after I quickly discovered other bugs, so I never noticed the skirmisher issue. This latest pdt allows skirmishers to hit targets, at least in historical Waterloo and variants so works fine.
11-21-2013, 11:29 AM,
On the Cav Charge multiplier: each of us has their own viewpoint on this and while John Tiller, Rich Hamilton and myself would prefer the series to be uniform the time for that has long since passed.

You are welcome to come up with your own version of any of the PDT files and then just copy the scenario you want to use with it, rename the PDT file ref. in the .scn file to the one you built and go with that.

The series diverged many years ago when Charlie Cutshall had NRC go to a different MP allowance, I also chose to go with a 10 min. move to slow down the movement in one turn and there are also squadrons in my games from Jena on up (with EC and WC having some scenarios that use squadrons).

Bottom line: while it is unfortunate that these differences exist the files can be modified (use a copy of course) and so it is not like this is locked in stone.

I went to a great deal of effort to add in versions of the Leipzig scenarios that use a 15 min turn and also regiments for cavalry. For those of us that like the 10 min. move we can do likewise with the Waterloo and NRC games and any other games that Rich Hamilton oversees (which by default will use a 15 min. turn).

One thing I would like to do is a do a really GOOD study of the Leadership and Command ratings and figure out the golden bullet that would work. Historical & Reality has their own answer. I would like to see something that offers up another approach. Not that I have a lot of time on my hands. After just finishing up with a Slitherine module for their Battle Academy game (Fortress Metz my first title outside of the JTS Napoleonic series) I am working on another Napoleonic game for John and also looking to design my own new series as well. Hard at work on that one and also have board game designs I want to pursue!

Did a lot of work on the EC/WC, 1814, Leipzig and Bautzen updates and hoping to never have to do that much work again on products that are out there on the market ... (UGH!!!)