• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

*** Scenario of the Month: November 2013 - Pairings
11-12-2013, 10:24 AM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: November - Pairings
Weasel and Barre underway; Devil's Hill looks like a very interesting scenario.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 04:59 PM,
Flare For_#1  RE: Scenario of the Month: November - Pairings
Tester and I are in business, the battle has begun.
11-14-2013, 12:21 AM,
DB-Zero and I are out I'm afraid. Incompatible game versions. Sorry for the trouble DB.

A1Steak-RichardG

Devils hill battle has started.
11-14-2013, 11:34 AM,
(11-14-2013, 12:21 AM)richardg Wrote: DB-Zero and I are out I'm afraid. Incompatible game versions. Sorry for the trouble DB.

A1Steak-RichardG

Devils hill battle has started.

No worries. It happens. Be nice if BF would figure out a way so every time they release something new all past products would be compatible, but there are probably technical reason for the inconvenience.
11-14-2013, 11:12 PM,
(11-14-2013, 11:34 AM)DB_Zero Wrote: No worries. It happens. Be nice if BF would figure out a way so every time they release something new all past products would be compatible, but there are probably technical reason for the inconvenience.

There is a currently pretty workable solution: have more than one version of the game installed.

With turn managers like H2HH that can launch the game it does not matter much that you have multiple versions installed. I currently have three versions of CMBN and one of CMFI installed on my gaming machine and I have at least one game going in each of them.

The only issue that I have run into with this setup is that the DRM for the Market Garden module gets confused every time you run an older version. The work around is to activate it before playing turns with the 2.1 version (this does not chew up your activation count at BFC just fixes up the DRM settings). I have been doing this since the 1.01 patch came out and had no troubles other than the above mentioned issue with the MG module's DRM.
12-01-2013, 01:57 AM,
Devils Hill versus Expecting_at_crossroad is finished, I managed to achieve a Tactical victory as the US Paras, capturing both points on the hill.
Quite an interesting battle and well played by my opponent.
12-06-2013, 07:26 PM,
Tester and I have completed Niscemi Highway. Comments added on ladder. A good scenario, pro axis initially but then balance swings back once tanks arrive provided allied can hold controlling ground
12-07-2013, 08:24 AM,
Birds are still chirping in my CMBN game, my paras are being sneaky fellows and have switched to running shoes to keep the noise down. I think the bullets will start to fly shortly though.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
12-29-2013, 07:04 AM,
Still slogging it out in the Devils Hill forrest. We just seem to be trading losses back in forth with no decisive blow being struck.

If and when BF releases a Hurtgen Forrest scenario - that's going to be a real meatgrinder.
02-23-2014, 12:08 PM,
(11-09-2013, 01:07 AM)Toblakai Wrote: MG: Devils Hill
DB_Zero - Toblakai

The battle has begun! Pirate Duel

Game has ended. Draw. Good game!