• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AI turn speed
11-07-2013, 02:55 AM,
AI turn speed
Hi,
I've been looking for a good Tiller forum for some time, and theres a lot of info and gems here to read through.....

I have a number of Panzer Campaign and Modern Campaign titles that I usually play against the AI on a somewhat old P4 overclocked to 4.1 ghz and 2 gig of ram.
For the bigger scenarios and campaigns the AI turn can take a very, very long time to complete its turn.
Is this a good excuse to upgrade, and will a new multi processer I5 ( or similar) make much difference ??

I've tried the AI speed hotkeys - F7 etc. but not noticed much change.

thanks
PH
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2013, 02:58 AM,
RE: AI turn speed
[Image: b523f0b4b198212195206.0048890001326794896.gif]
11-07-2013, 03:41 AM,
When game is open, look at the menu at the top and scroll over A/I and then click fast A/I at the bottom. If you have already done that, most likely it may depend on the size of the game you are playing. A larger scenario, especially campaigns with no fixed units, will take longer, but still pretty quick compared to some other game systems.
11-07-2013, 01:23 PM,
And turn off the various sound settings, that will speed things up by eliminating time for shooting sounds to be played and end, etc. Go to Settings and there are 3 Sound items that can be turned off.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-10-2013, 07:55 AM,
These are the things that I've noticed that make a difference on turns processing.

1. Go to the AI tab > Check Fast AI processing.
2. Disable the sound effects.
3. Process Turns in the 2 D Normal View - For whatever reason this seems to double my turn resolutions.

I'm playing with a I5 2500k on stock speeds and the Grand Campaign for Sicily takes roughly 2-4 minutes to compute.

Personally I find that reaction fire on my turns slowing the game down more than the Turn Resolution. :)
11-11-2013, 09:53 PM,
Ok thanks for the replies...I'll try these suggestions (and upgrade my hardware anyway ;-)
PH
11-12-2013, 05:55 AM,
(11-11-2013, 09:53 PM)phuture Wrote: I'll try these suggestions (and upgrade my hardware anyway ;-)
PH

Aha! The true motive comes through! :-)
11-12-2013, 08:25 AM,
An i5 will do you wonders enjoy Helmet Wink
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman