• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New version of theblitz.club. Your Feedback Required!
11-04-2013, 09:39 PM,
New version of theblitz.club. Your Feedback Required!
Gentlemen,
We are actively working on a new version of the site,which - if nothing goes seriously wrong - should be live in about 2-3 months.

We are interested in hearing your opinions about any new features which you believe might benefit the club. Or improvements to the current workflow. Obviously, since we're here all volunteers and we're doing this in our spare time, there aren't any guarantees that all suggestions will be implemented. You've been warned! Helmet Wink

Here are some major improvements we're thinking to introduce with the next version:
  • A ribbons system
  • The ability to report testing games. It won't count as ladder games, nor will it be visible on your profile. It will only be displayed on the scenario's page. Ideal if you want to test potentially imbalanced scenarios.
  • Dedicated areas for tournaments/competitions
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 11:58 PM,
RE: New version of theblitz.club. Your Feedback Required!
Those sound like good additions. My comments about the web site would be limited to the fact that I am actually pretty happy with it right now. Not to suggest that improvements are not welcome just to say I think things are running pretty smoothly and fairly easy to use at the moment.

The only other thing I ask is: are you planning to drop any features or functionality? I am asking because the deal maker for my choosing this site as a source for opponents was the ELO ranking that is included on the ladders. I just want to make sure that the new site preserves this alternate way of looking at ladders.
11-05-2013, 12:02 AM,
Good afternoon Cat and thanks for the feedback !.

Let me reassure you that we are planning to ADD features to the site, not take any away.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
11-05-2013, 04:20 PM,
Well, I have not been around here as long as some others, but a couple of comments:

1) personally I find this site very cluttered and hard to navigate, with the two layers of menus, book reviews, polls, articles, etc.

2) for some reason, maybe I've got a setting wrong somewhere, this is the only forum which I frequent which does not highlight new posts in bold, so it is always kind of a paid sorting out which posts I should read.
11-05-2013, 05:53 PM,
(11-05-2013, 04:20 PM)76mm Wrote: Well, I have not been around here as long as some others, but a couple of comments:

1) personally I find this site very cluttered and hard to navigate, with the two layers of menus, book reviews, polls, articles, etc.

2) for some reason, maybe I've got a setting wrong somewhere, this is the only forum which I frequent which does not highlight new posts in bold, so it is always kind of a paid sorting out which posts I should read.

1) The new version will come with a new design, which will (hopefully) solve the cluttering problem.

2) You are correct. New posts aren't highlighted in bold. However it's easy to tell which posts are new since the icons are different.
For example on https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/index.php the forums with new posts have a blue circle with a white arrow icon, while the forums without new posts have a gray circle icon. On the page listing the threads,the threads with new posts have a green arrow icon in front of them.
Send this user an email
11-06-2013, 12:18 AM,
I like this site and some new "clothes" won't be wrong, but not absolutely necessary. Especially I like the statistics and laddersystem.

I am curiously for the new stuff and thanks for this site! Helmet Smile
11-06-2013, 06:42 AM,
From what I have played with so far the new site rocks, and at half the cost how can we go wrong even if nothing else changes?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-12-2013, 09:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 09:25 PM by Crossroads.)
Very smooth transition? I have not noticed any issues, everything works very nicely!

I would like to renew my earlier suggestion for enabling spoiler tags, for hiding content such as large pictures in messages. Makes long posts easier to digest, such as the installation instuctions for my mod if you follow the link below in my signature. Each installation topic would be a title of a spoiler, and when clicked only that particular section would become visible.

Example of nice use of spoiler tags for a similar reason: Roma Surrectum Forum.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-14-2013, 01:06 AM,
Spoiler tags will definitely be in the new version of the site. Both in the forums and on the comments area.
Send this user an email
11-14-2013, 02:21 AM,
Great news Raz! Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com