• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Leipzig Mod
12-12-2013, 07:10 AM,
RE: Leipzig Mod
By a scale I mean that the figures in the hex do not match the buildings for the villages. Also the supply wagons stick out of the hex. Same for artillery. Never did like that about the older 3D artwork.

All new games will have this look too as far as I know. Mark Adams liked it and so did John Tiller. It was time for a change and to give the game a more "scaled" look.

Note: Leipzig is mainly for the 10 min. turn time scale. I did add in 15 min. versions for the majority of the scenarios (but not the campaigns) but that was out of the "kindness of my heart" as honestly I do not like that time scale and there turns out to be not enough time to launch a proper assault in many of the scenarios. Combat in the Napoleonic era was a lot of maneuver followed by MANY maneuvers. With a 15 min. turn you barely can get in enough attacks to properly call it an assault.

The other thing I did not like about the 15 min. move was the blitz effect of the NRC/Waterloo MP allowance/MP costs. Both Roads and Pikes cost the same to move on and thus cavalry and columns can move down the roads very quickly and get into the rear of an enemy.

What we need is a Maneuver Column and a Road Column. If attacked when in Road Column your formation would be shattered and more than likely routed. Maneuver Column would not be able to use the Road/Pike/Paths in the hexes. Just makes sense ....
Quote this message in a reply