• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

West Front PBEM problem
10-13-2013, 09:23 PM,
Feedback Needed  West Front PBEM problem
Fellow Blitzers,

Got a problem with my West Front starting a PBEM game. Seems it doesn't save from the get go (start) correctly.

I go through all the motions of starting a PBEM game, that is choose side, pick optional rules and play my turn. Then I save it under a new file name and add my encryption password along with hitting turn end and now its ready for e-mail to opponent.

My opponent gets it and he can't open the file...bummer!
I then go back into my PBEM file and I can open the game as the opposing side!!! What the heck!

I don't see the problem in East Front or Korean War mod. Not sure about Rising Sun. Months ago I did start a different WF scenario and it worked fine. Something has changed somewhere...

Has anyone experienced this issue before?
Looking for help, thanks!
Ivan the Big
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2013, 10:32 PM,
RE: West Front PBEM problem
If you start the game, the opponent file doesn't have a password yet. If you can open that turn, but your opponent can not, the problem is on his end. Are you zipping the file before sending?
10-14-2013, 06:59 PM,
RE: West Front PBEM problem
Hey Paul,

Thanks for the info. Was unaware that until your opponent password protects the file you can still open it on your end.

Zip sent the second file along with both of us updating to the correct version of the scenario and it worked.

Cheers!
John