• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help ! -- 2.0 Upgrade and 2.01 patch
10-12-2013, 08:25 AM,
Help ! -- 2.0 Upgrade and 2.01 patch
Friends, for the love of God someone please help me....

I purchased and installed the 2.0 + Commonwealth upgrade this week. Installed it without issues. Upon launching the game I see a small Sherman icon and a Brit airborne flash on the intro screen, and I see all the Market Garden scenarios in the scenario list, and I see the option to select US, Brit, Canadian or Polish forces in Scenario Editor. So far so good.

But today I downloaded and installed the 2.01 patch and that's when the fun started. I no longer see the US and Brit icon on the game intro screen; all the Market Garden scenarios have disappeared from the list; only US troops are available to purchase; and the US formations all have screwball names that look like they come from CMSF: HindF -AV-8B is the name of one formation, Stryker Combat Support is another. The individual units in the formations also have screwball names like SU-76 and HUMMVE and etc.

Before I renounce my interest in the game altogether, is there some trick to installing the 2.0 Upgrade and the 2.01 patch that I'm not aware of?
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2013, 01:18 PM,
RE: Help ! -- 2.0 Upgrade and 2.01 patch
(10-12-2013, 08:25 AM)Jobu88 Wrote: Friends, for the love of God someone please help me....

I purchased and installed the 2.0 + Commonwealth upgrade this week. Installed it without issues. Upon launching the game I see a small Sherman icon and a Brit airborne flash on the intro screen, and I see all the Market Garden scenarios in the scenario list, and I see the option to select US, Brit, Canadian or Polish forces in Scenario Editor. So far so good.

But today I downloaded and installed the 2.01 patch and that's when the fun started. I no longer see the US and Brit icon on the game intro screen; all the Market Garden scenarios have disappeared from the list; only US troops are available to purchase; and the US formations all have screwball names that look like they come from CMSF: HindF -AV-8B is the name of one formation, Stryker Combat Support is another. The individual units in the formations also have screwball names like SU-76 and HUMMVE and etc.

Before I renounce my interest in the game altogether, is there some trick to installing the 2.0 Upgrade and the 2.01 patch that I'm not aware of?

If you installed the 2.01 patch after installing the mg module your going to have issues because you went backwards, once you have the mg module do not install any patches, not until they release a new one wich would be 2.11 or higher patch.

you must uninstall all of cmbn and reinstall, no patches
10-14-2013, 07:59 PM,
Hmmmmmm well that conflicts with what is posted on the BF website regarding the 2.01 patch:

Description

Release Date

CM Battle for Normandy - Commonwealth Forces 2.01 All-inclusive This is the v2.01 patch for the 2.0 Upgrade Game Engine version. You only need this patch if you have the 2.0 Upgrade including the Commonwealth Forces module installed (and if so, do not need any other patch).

10-15-2013, 02:29 AM,
(10-14-2013, 07:59 PM)Jobu88 Wrote: Hmmmmmm well that conflicts with what is posted on the BF website regarding the 2.01 patch:

Description

Release Date

CM Battle for Normandy - Commonwealth Forces 2.01 All-inclusive This is the v2.01 patch for the 2.0 Upgrade Game Engine version. You only need this patch if you have the 2.0 Upgrade including the Commonwealth Forces module installed (and if so, do not need any other patch).

im confused, do you install the mg module?
10-15-2013, 05:34 AM,
Install method:

CMBN (+CW if you have it): patch 2.0 > patch 2.01

Market Garden upgrades your game to 2.10 and must be purchased for $35. It is a module and not a patch.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
10-15-2013, 01:58 PM,
Ach so....

Well that explains that I guess.

I purchased the combined Market Garden / 2.0 Bundle package that just came out. According to the admin from BF, I now have the most up to date "2.10" game engine and do not need any patches. In fact installing the 2.01 patch actually took me backwards.

But how does everyone else get up to the 2.10 standard??? Is that only available with the MG package?

10-16-2013, 02:37 AM,
Ok, so you now own CMBN + Commonwealth + Market Garden or CMBN+MG? You paid $35 for the MG module?

According to BF when MG is installed you can play against another MG player which would be patch 2.10, or you can play against a base CMBN player who has 2.01 installed on his machine which would make your version with him 2.01. At least that is how I understand it.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
10-16-2013, 08:27 AM,
I had the 1.11 patch installed for CMBN; never had the original CW module; and then I bought and installed the "2.0 Upgrade / Market Garden" module for which I paid $35.

10-16-2013, 11:18 AM,
Ok, so still the same install of CMBN 2.0>2.01>MG 2.10