• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AA patch for TOAW III
09-28-2013, 12:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 12:23 AM by gato naranja.)
News  AA patch for TOAW III
Some probably are not aware but there has been a long standing problem with the Anti Aircraft routine in TOAWIII. Units that do not have an AA icon do not participate in the AA routine. They are skipped over. Since virtually all units in TOAWIII without an AA icon have an AA value this was a big deal.

Now someone over at the Matirx/Norm Krogers Operational Art of War forum has fixed this in a 'hot' patch and it works great. To see all about it go here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3376085
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2013, 02:42 AM,
RE: AA patch for TOAW III
I have tried the patch it works really well!
10-07-2013, 03:27 AM,
[Image: b523f0b4b198212195206.0048890001326794896.gif]
10-17-2013, 01:23 PM,
I have like 6 games running right now... ¿Me and my opponent can patch now? Or we need to finish all our games before patching.
10-20-2013, 06:22 AM,
You should ask at the Matrix forum, afaik it's OK to patch.
of course there is a chance that the scenario was already balanced to keep air casualties to historical level, with AA now working these numbers will surely be exceeded.
Anyhow I think it's a try worth, bad enough that all the great things on the 3.5 patch list will maybe never see the light, at least the current patch must be "repaired" to keep the TOAW community rolling.
Personally I bailed out last year as the games were got boring because of the Ignore losses problem that is currently also worked on by the guy who made the AA version.
I bet the appreciate any feedback to the changes.