• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CW Europe Mod-Scenario Data Base
10-26-2013, 05:55 AM,
RE: CW Europe Mod-Scenario Data Base
So you're saying these crash when you open in the sceneditor?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2013, 12:17 PM,
John, in an e-mail exchange i had with Stefan a few months ago, he said that he had updated the entire game, and had updated most (if not all) of the scenarios for CW to make sure they would all play. And yes, you are correct that his oob changes are one reason why.

I can't say with certainty that his corrected scenarios are all a-ok now, but I'm curious; did you check to make sure you are playing the most recent version of Cold War? That could be the problem.

It's a bit hard for me to be certain from chatting with Stefan, but it looks like most if not all modern combat units have been added to the cold war oob's. Stefan says that he is working on adding some more nations (with their own oobs of course), but none of that will affect existing scenarios. New graphics also don't affect scenarios, but I'm not sure about new terrain templates.

I wish I could remember just sitting here whether Stefan said he had corrected all scenarios (in his most recent update). He'll probably log on soon and clear it up.

Hope this sheds a little bit of light on things.
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
10-26-2013, 08:36 PM,
Hmm, I'm not getting crashes in the editor, even when I remove mods to it?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-26-2013, 08:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 08:42 PM by Big Ivan.)
Posted by Warhorse - Yesterday 03:55 PM
So you're saying these crash when you open in the sceneditor?

Yes Mike, that is correct. I think it has something to do with the last update (unit names to English) but not really sure.

Posted by John Given - Yesterday 10:17 PM
John, in an e-mail exchange i had with Stefan a few months ago, he said that he had updated the entire game, and had updated most (if not all) of the scenarios for CW to make sure they would all play. And yes, you are correct that his oob changes are one reason why.

I can't say with certainty that his corrected scenarios are all a-ok now, but I'm curious; did you check to make sure you are playing the most recent version of Cold War? That could be the problem.

It's a bit hard for me to be certain from chatting with Stefan, but it looks like most if not all modern combat units have been added to the cold war oob's. Stefan says that he is working on adding some more nations (with their own oobs of course), but none of that will affect existing scenarios. New graphics also don't affect scenarios, but I'm not sure about new terrain templates.

I wish I could remember just sitting here whether Stefan said he had corrected all scenarios (in his most recent update). He'll probably log on soon and clear it up.

Hope this sheds a little bit of light on things.

John,

I believe I have the most recent install and updates. To digress I have the original install, the update to convert the menu language to English and finally the update to convert the names on the combat units (Belgian mostly) to English. Don't know of any other updates but perhaps I may be missing one, not sure.

John(ItB)
10-27-2013, 03:38 AM,
Gentlemen,

the reason why not all scenarios work is very simple. After the intensive and long discussions about the medics i resolve the complete medic structures into my game with new and - i think - better game functions.

I haven´t update a few scenarios until today and so they couldn´t work with the updated oob´s.

Forgive me, i will update the scenarios in the next few days!

John (ItB), what is "Reckhahn" for a scenario?

R
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
10-27-2013, 04:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2013, 04:10 AM by Big Ivan.)
Stefan, Mike and John

Reckhahn is probably one of my creations.

However, I think the crisis may be solved at least on my end. I reinstalled the game late this morning and the first patch (German to English conversion of the menu's) and the game appears to run fine! All scenarios open in the scenario editor.

I did not install the attached patch because I believe that's where the problem lies and it looks like you confirm that Stephan.

I'll wait for the updated patch to come out. Until then I at least have a fully functioning CW-Europe MOD

Thanks gentlemen I appreciate your interest and comments!Cheers4

John(ItB)Cigar5
[attachment=3945]
10-30-2013, 08:48 AM,
Gents,

here is the updated scenario "Battle at Behringen". Short tested, no complications found. Let me know if you find something.

.zip   Battle at Behringen.zip (Size: 29.58 KB / Downloads: 15)
It runs with the update and under Mike´s english exe´s!
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
11-09-2013, 05:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013, 06:00 AM by Panther.)
Scenario is now in the database.