• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Umpired Campaign Thread
07-22-2014, 10:36 PM,
RE: New Umpired Campaign Thread
So ....... is this endeavor dead in the water? I am doing T E R R I B L E at turns for this last segment. I'll try to get one out this week.
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2014, 12:08 AM,
John and I have about 4 turns left. The Axis are dominating points-wise, however the Allies are putting up a pertinacious defense of the all-important objective hexes.
08-09-2014, 12:38 AM,
Bump: Box Hide

Jeff,

Marcin has been very busy as of late and he threw in the towel. We are made it to turn 8 and I have a Major Axis Victory. Do you want our last turn to factor the points?
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
08-12-2014, 11:22 AM,
Yes, if you could send me a turn, I'll try and figure out an outcome. It looks like it is going to tough for the Americans, however, unless Mark can pull a rabbit out of his hat.
08-12-2014, 12:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 12:52 PM by Richie61.)
(08-12-2014, 11:22 AM)Jeff Conner Wrote: unless Mark can pull a rabbit out of his hat.

I see what you did there Big Laugh
09-27-2014, 03:58 AM,
I have conceded to OJW an American major victory.

I am sorry meine Kameraden. Kindly leave the Luger on my desk.

Steve
09-27-2014, 04:39 AM,
Thank you gentlemen for participating. In the final round there were two concessions, one for each side, and a major victory for the Germans. However, the major victory did not gain enough objectives to change the overall outcome. The Germans have won a Minor Victory in the campaign and the 2nd Panzer Division may yet reach the Meuse River in strength.

I learned quite a bit from this campaign and if I was to do it again, I would significantly lower the size of the forces. The map was just not big enough for the forces deployed. This reduced the opportunity for maneuver and made the scenarios more tedious. I'll do better if there is a next time.

And I would like to thank Ed for the artwork he has produced for the campaign ribbon. I will award these as soon as I can figure out how. Thanks again to all of you.
09-27-2014, 07:44 AM,
(09-27-2014, 04:39 AM)Jeff Conner Wrote: I learned quite a bit from this campaign and if I was to do it again, I would significantly lower the size of the forces. The map was just not big enough for the forces deployed. This reduced the opportunity for maneuver and made the scenarios more tedious. I'll do better if there is a next time.

I for one thought they were good maps to maneuver on and the German forces were what I would
guess the Germans had coming down the downs in December 1944 out of the fog.

Only thing I thought the maps needed was snow Wink

Thanks Jeff for the hard work and time involved in the deal!
09-28-2014, 12:40 AM,
Yes sir indeed! Thanks Jeff! You put in a tremendous amount of time for our gaming pleasure! And thank to my opponent, Mark. A worthy opponent. I regret not having the time to put into our last scenario. It was a truly wide open, no holds barred, kind of battle and it would have been fun to see it play out to the end. It was just too big for me to handle, at this point of RL.

Many thanks to the blitz for the new salad on my Profile - I feel like the lion in Wizard of Oz!