• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PCO CMBB CMAK Operationnal Game Project
09-14-2013, 04:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 09:01 PM by zeduncan.)
PCO CMBB CMAK Operationnal Game Project
Hi all,

I am a french (sorry for my english) veteran wargamer, 55 old, working freelance in software programming for compagnies.

I build a 2D operational level game which has the purpose of providing a dynamic campaign to tactical games like PCO-CM-Steel Panthers-Squad Battles.
I think that the editors of our best tatcical wargames haven't enough resources to spend time and money in a feature which interests only a part of their players.

But i think that they could accept to link their games to a third party game if it brings a real added value to their products, in a winner-winner strategy.

As proof of concept i have built (at a pre-alpha stage) an operational game for Panzer Command Ostfront.

Why PCO?
Because this game is the only one enough open to allow data exchanges with an operational layer game, and of course because it's a pretty enjoyable game.

I am now at a stage of game testing to improve the gameplay, and gather opinions of players about what they would like to see in such a game.

At this stage what we have ?

- An operational game with low level graphics ( i am looking for a graphic designer) about the battle of Kharkov 1942.
The operational map contains 63 areas mapped to 63 PCO maps (very basic maps built for testing).

- For each fight during the campaign you can choose between automatic resolution or PCO resolution.

- In Case of PCO resolution, a scenario is built on the fly and PCO is started.

- Once the pco battle is over, the Operational Game is on top with the results displayed and you continue your game?

Of course, as we are in pre-alpha, many things are to built, many things have to be changed, but i think it's a very good basis to evaluate if the concept is worth to be continued.

So i am looking for players, owning PCO, enough curious to contribute to this project as alpha testers, and to help me to build the game mechanics.

If you have skills in graphics design or if you know to use the PCO map maker, your contribution will be very appreciated.

This game is programmed in C# with Monogame as graphics framework
which allows to use Open GL or DirectX.

If you're interested, post in this thread, send a mp or email me at webmaster[at]meta-games.com

Thx for reading.

Jester

Duncan.

A screen of the beast.

[Image: 08-09-2013-10-51-34-1024x644.png]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2013, 12:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 06:43 AM by zeduncan.)
RE: Panzer Command Ostfront Operationnal Game Project
Here some more infos

A forum to discuss the features, bugs...

Hope you'll enjoy
Jester
Send this user an email
10-23-2013, 07:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013, 07:57 PM by zeduncan.)
RE: PCO CMBB Operationnal Game Project
Given the lack of audience with PCO i switch to CMBB with a new pre-alpha of ASK42 for CMBB.

You can find infos and files here

Help is here

Hope there will be more players interested in this version. Big Grin
Send this user an email
01-20-2014, 09:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 09:02 PM by zeduncan.)
RE: PCO CMBB CMAK Operationnal Game Project
AS Market Garden for CMAK released in alpha 0.5.0
More infos here
Send this user an email