• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some areas for possible larger, longer SB scenarios
09-13-2013, 11:13 PM,
RE: Some areas for possible larger, longer SB scenarios
Still wish we had proper ammo counts and resupply function. So much detail in the game yet suddenly goes abstract on this point. This and multi floor buildings are two features I'd have a party over. It certainly would bring me back to the series in a big way and purchase the games I don't yet own. JT underestimates SB and I feel is wrong about his belief major changes wont be financially sound. I think with some updated features sales would increase LOADS as so many out there are looking for a superb turn based tactical game that isn't either years old or to abstract (AKA CoH). Loads are waiting on LnL yet even that is more abstract than SB.

If I won the lottery I'd either by the series off him or make my own. Then create the ultimate tactical level game for the PC..with all the features we pine for. Not cutting corners.

(09-13-2013, 12:25 PM)Jeff Conner Wrote: Sorry Alan, it obviously took me some time to write my missive.

When you intentionally drop a weapon, it does not lose any effectiveness. When it occurs as a result of combat, a primary weapon loses 50% of it's effectiveness and a secondary weapon loses 25%.

If the scenario is not long enough for rest and refit to accomplish anything, why are we talking about resupply? On another note, a scenario designer now has the ability to give weapons an X rating (first used in FWW, but now available via update in most of the titles I think). These weapons do not lose effectiveness as they fire. A setup heavy weapon with this rating would be difficult to handle and I would not be too surprised to see more use of this in the future.

My main computer is in the shop and the only SB game I have installed on my new laptop is Korea. The values in Korea are 10% for the good guys and 8% for the bad guys. If I remember correctly, this means that the values will increase by a random selection between zero and the value per turn. So on average, your effectiveness should increase by 5% per turn for the UN forces and 4% per turn for the Communists.

Jeff
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some areas for possible larger, longer SB scenarios - by Wodin - 09-13-2013, 11:13 PM