• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some areas for possible larger, longer SB scenarios
09-13-2013, 01:34 AM,
RE: Some areas for possible larger, longer SB scenarios
(09-13-2013, 01:20 AM)Jeff Conner Wrote: One thing this discussion seems to be overlooking is the addition several years ago of the "Rest" value in the pdt. If a unit does not move, fire or receive fire during a turn, it is deemed to be resting and will have it's effectiveness (both the unit and it's weapons) increase. The amount of increase is set by the designer in the pdt file (which if you haven't looked at, you probably should). So if your units are fatigued and low on ammo, pull them out of the line for as long as you can and they will recover, although perhaps not as fast as you would like. Unfortunately, while this feature has been added to the older titles, in many cases no values have been included and so the recovery rate is set to zero. You should check the pdt value to determine if there is a non-zero value before trying to rest your units.

Ahem...Wink

(09-12-2013, 10:46 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: The 'rest and refit' in the engine attempts to address a squad and it's weapons getting low on ammo. It does require that squad not fire, move, or being fired upon, but you can regain lost effectiveness over time in the SB engine. For longer scenarios this is a very useful thing to use. Pull a tired squad off the line to regroup for several turns, then plug them back when their effectiveness increases.

I thought that the rest and refit values for the older games was modified during the last round of updates. I'll have to check. Maybe I'm thinking that it needed to be done. Each game was assigned different values, trying to simulate the era and the ease of re-supply, correct?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some areas for possible larger, longer SB scenarios - by TheBigRedOne - 09-13-2013, 01:34 AM