• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some Diadochi Wars bugs/issue
08-16-2013, 12:05 AM,
Some Diadochi Wars bugs/issue
Hello, a few things I have noticed:

Scenarios: Thatos_River and TT7 Lamia appear to have faulty Weather Dialogues, I cant imagine the intent was for both these battles to be fought in pitch black nite for the entire battle

Graphics: there is no SHC 3d graphic displaying while in battle ( although the unit card has a graphic)

In game Docs:
the help menu is missing SHC entry for melee effectiveness
the missle range charts and effectiveness charts have more entries for staff sling and crossbows that the units for this period There is no charts for composite bows or Indian Longbows

Editor and Game rules: info is missing for new weapon: indian Longbow
Also, there are units in the scenarios and you can give ANY cavalry unit and most infantry units while in the editor a "Longbow" but it displays as "comp bow"
are the two the same thing? How is cavalry using a longbow? :)

Editor
the barbarian list has EHC and LHI as viable units to build and place (they are darkened indicating can be created) Yet one cannot place any unit when chosing those options
also the Greek list has EHC darkened but no unit can be created

Finally, it appears very arbitrary that for "drilled units" you can make ANY of them levies all the way to Elite but for undrilled there are VERY few units types that are allowed "fanatic" Surprisingly the cream of the Parthians, the EHC SHC can only go as high as bodyguard.... The only undrilled units that you can give fanatical rating are Rhombia types and , surprisingly, light foot....

Please consider just opening up any rating for drilled undrilled and leave it in the hands of the scenario designer to determine what is an appropriate rating.

Cheers!
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2013, 10:01 AM,
RE: Some Diadochi Wars bugs/issue
Thank you for the list. We will get right on it and send out an update on the HPS web site as soon as possible.
08-18-2013, 05:01 PM,
The 2 corrected scenarios are attached. The game update will come from HPS web site soon.
All points corrected except for one - The game only allows for 'Long Bow' to be assigned to the Bactrian Indian infantry irregulars. If you attempt to assign a 'Long bow' to any other unit, the game defaults to the standard composite bow. Hence composite bows are permitted to be assigned to horse archers.

Attached Files
.zip   Thates_River1.zip (Size: 47.48 KB / Downloads: 4)
08-19-2013, 09:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2013, 08:22 PM by TheGrayMouser.)
Thanks for really quick update and the fixed scenarios. Off to see what I can accomplished with that horde of Saka heavy cavalry, cheers!

Dammit, 6 nites to finish this battle with a major defeat, over 13k of Sirakan noble HC dead.... What I love about these games is not only do you need a real tactical plan but a plan on how to actually execute it. My issue was I never was able to utilize my infantry hordes due to stacking and a constricted front and when I finally commited them I couldnt efficiently get them to the front. Clearly #'s are meaningless in ancient battles if you cant bring em to bear and this game really makes that apparent. The Kimmerians fought quite hard too, perhaps Conan's ghost was on their side?
08-24-2013, 08:09 PM,
additional bug:

vineyard hexes: appear to be impassible to LMI (stacking was not a concern as units less than 50% were not allowed to enter)
08-25-2013, 09:12 PM,
(08-24-2013, 08:09 PM)TheGrayMouser Wrote: additional bug:

vineyard hexes: appear to be impassible to LMI (stacking was not a concern as units less than 50% were not allowed to enter)

I have checked on Diadochoi Wars and it appears to be fine using the Lamia1 table top scenario. I moved in a LMI unit in column and also a LMI unit in Line in to the vineyard hex. If you post the specific case with a screenshot I should be able to help out.
08-26-2013, 01:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013, 02:20 AM by TheGrayMouser.)
Hello, sorry I wasn't more specific, the scenario is Thermopolyea where the Mac LMI cannot enter the Vinyard hexes. Maybe an issue with the map itself?

Edit: Hey Paul, just played around with this using several maps and LMI that have 8-12 foot spears cannot enter Vinyards but those w light spears can... Is this intended?

Attached Files
.jpg   THERM.jpg (Size: 314.03 KB / Downloads: 5)
08-26-2013, 09:37 AM,
Yes, troops with long spears are expected to be in solid formation - closed ranks. The vineyards would disrupt that formation. Hence such troops are not permitted to enter such hexes. Same for forest hexes.