• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

fixed units
08-10-2013, 08:37 AM,
c_Question Mark  fixed units
I have searched the user and sqb pdf files with no definitive results.

How can fixed units be released? Is it only by the release trigger in the release schedule?

If they take fire or are assaulted, are they released?
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2013, 05:05 AM,
RE: fixed units
It depends. Most 'fixed' units have a release turn built into the game. Some are fixed throughout an entire scenario because the designer is trying to reproduce actual events of a given conflict. Take a look in the Units-> Releases tab to show when a given unit is going to be freed up to move.
08-11-2013, 10:18 PM,
Thanks, I did that and understand what the release schedule does. My question, is this:

If a fixed unit takes fire, or an enemy unit moves adjacent or within ________ hexes, does it get released?

I do see that "fixed" units can fire, and still stay fixed. But does any enemy action supersede the release schedule?

My experience is with the EAW series, and this is the case where enemy action will release fixed units

Steve
08-12-2013, 01:26 AM,
(08-11-2013, 10:18 PM)Stejones82 Wrote: Thanks, I did that and understand what the release schedule does. My question, is this:

If a fixed unit takes fire, or an enemy unit moves adjacent or within ________ hexes, does it get released?

I do see that "fixed" units can fire, and still stay fixed. But does any enemy action supersede the release schedule?

No