• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Aw's done? Bring on medieval?
08-07-2013, 12:08 PM,
Aw's done? Bring on medieval?
I know HPS never gives a hint about new games but curious if Something can be relayed re future titles. Certainly there is likely more ammo for "ancient titles", late Roman from Julian to Aetius would be awesome, Belisarius/Narses and of coure really ancient ie Assyria etc I cant really think of any other "tight eras" where enough historical info on armies and battles are available. (at least if the focus is kept Europe/Middle East)

Will the series ever get some medieval titles out? The detailed scale of this game I believe would really play well for the small medieval armies. (Plus there are several placeholders, and or clues in many of the game docs, for example mounted crossbows are referenced in the in game help menus...)
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 05:18 AM,
RE: Aw's done? Bring on medieval?
Is this a possibility..any chance maybe?
03-14-2014, 09:18 AM,
Medieval period is always a possibility and has been considered, however, at this time the team are focusing elsewhere. One of the speed determining steps is the availability of a 3D graphic artist to create those all important castles and the troops. If an experienced graphic designer is interested and can achieve the standard seen in Ancient Warfare, please contact HPS Support [email protected]
03-15-2014, 07:03 AM,
(03-14-2014, 09:18 AM)Leonadis Wrote: Medieval period is always a possibility and has been considered, however, at this time the team are focusing elsewhere. One of the speed determining steps is the availability of a 3D graphic artist to create those all important castles and the troops. If an experienced graphic designer is interested and can achieve the standard seen in Ancient Warfare, please contact HPS Support [email protected]

Thanks for the reply..i hope then one day maybe..all i can do is show my support and buy Diadochoi Wars in the next few days.
03-15-2014, 08:42 AM,
Damn, graphics in the way huh? You could always go the rout of the Ren game by HPS where 2D only at release and a later patch to stick in the 3D ! (I know that's not realistic but I think, in some ways, this engine would be even better for medieval combat... throw in some "fixed formation only " rules for mixed units, it would work just as well for pike and shot :) )

In the meantime, I hope "focusing elsewhere" means something like Foederate Rome.
Cheers!