• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Market Garden
08-02-2013, 06:44 AM,
Market Garden
Battlefront put a teaser video of Market Garden on their website. It has a bridge and a tank and music. That's it though no info.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2013, 06:54 AM,
RE: Market Garden
(08-02-2013, 06:44 AM)Wolf Blitzer Wrote: Battlefront put a teaser video of Market Garden on their website. It has a bridge and a tank and music. That's it though no info.

Hopefully they'll also give us in the next few days an estimate about the date when we'll have it on our hard-drives Helmet Wink

Send this user an email
08-03-2013, 06:36 AM,
I hope it adds a lot to the play, not just some new uniforms and more versions of the Sherman. Actual para drops with randomly landing troops would be totally cool (they have this in steel panthers).
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
08-07-2013, 02:31 AM,
I am very curious about the new maps, the Dutch towns and countryside should make a nice change in scenery
08-10-2013, 05:14 AM,
(08-03-2013, 06:36 AM)Weasel Wrote: I hope it adds a lot to the play, not just some new uniforms and more versions of the Sherman. Actual para drops with randomly landing troops would be totally cool (they have this in steel panthers).

You can get close with the scenario editor now. For the human player you cannot get random locations but you can create a setup in the editor where your teams are spread out and arrive at random times. I think that would work pretty well. For the AI you can do a drop that feels even more random by creating multiple AI plans with different initial placements for the units and have them arrive as reinforcements with the random time feature.
08-17-2013, 09:28 PM,
(08-10-2013, 05:14 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote:
(08-03-2013, 06:36 AM)Weasel Wrote: I hope it adds a lot to the play, not just some new uniforms and more versions of the Sherman. Actual para drops with randomly landing troops would be totally cool (they have this in steel panthers).

You can get close with the scenario editor now. For the human player you cannot get random locations but you can create a setup in the editor where your teams are spread out and arrive at random times. I think that would work pretty well. For the AI you can do a drop that feels even more random by creating multiple AI plans with different initial placements for the units and have them arrive as reinforcements with the random time feature.

That's a cool idea. Going back to Canadian cat's wish list i too would like to see more GFX stuff in game. I requested landed gliders and discarded chutes as flavor objects on the BFC forum.
As usual some members said the time and effort is not worth it.

I also want flames and flamethrowers and because it is MG, i felt that they should be in. once again members shot me down. Finally i want to see better urban combat and in MG that is a must so i am hoping they will tweak some bits and bobs and maybe just maybe allow zooks, fausts and schreks to be fired from within buildings.

At the moment the balance in urban fighting is with the AFV's and that cannot be right
08-20-2013, 02:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 02:37 AM by Weasel.)

That would work as a scenario but it would be neat to have it available in QB. Once again just basing off SP but I know these are apples and oranges.

(08-17-2013, 09:28 PM)para Wrote:

That's a cool idea. Going back to Canadian cat's wish list i too would like to see more GFX stuff in game. I requested landed gliders and discarded chutes as flavor objects on the BFC forum.
As usual some members said the time and effort is not worth it.

I also want flames and flamethrowers and because it is MG, i felt that they should be in. once again members shot me down. Finally i want to see better urban combat and in MG that is a must so i am hoping they will tweak some bits and bobs and maybe just maybe allow zooks, fausts and schreks to be fired from within buildings.

At the moment the balance in urban fighting is with the AFV's and that cannot be right

You always get people who will try to make you look stupid if they don't feel your idea goes with what they are looking for. Instead of either ignoring the post, or adding constructively they poo-poo on it instead. There are a couple of forums like that I belong too or have posted in and in one I finally called the guy out because it seemed that is all he did was beat on peoples ideas/posts (a football forum).
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
08-20-2013, 08:53 AM,
It looks cool - there are some nice new AFVs, including Hellcat and early Challenger. Apparently there will be one or two improvements in play - including urban combat - and some minor tweaks to map-making.
08-22-2013, 06:13 AM,
(08-17-2013, 09:28 PM)para Wrote: I also want flames and flamethrowers and because it is MG, i felt that they should be in. once again members shot me down.

Yeah flames are a missing fun feature for sure. BFC has been clear in the past that they are planning that for the 3.0 engine. Sadly we have to wait. The good thing is they do plan to create upgrades for CMBN and CMFI to the 3.0 engine.

So, one day we will have it.

(08-17-2013, 09:28 PM)para Wrote: Finally i want to see better urban combat and in MG that is a must so i am hoping they will tweak some bits and bobs and maybe just maybe allow zooks, fausts and schreks to be fired from within buildings.

Yeah, I am looking forward to seeing what they do to improve urban fighting in MG but my expectations are pretty low since the changes needed are pretty big so I suspect the ones that make the biggest difference will be in 3.0 engine.

Firing rocket launchers from buildings is probably not going to be it. The first and second and perhaps even third time the "we should be able to fire from inside" crowd posted their idea Steve said nope it was not normally done and he had his evidence to that effect. The main proponent has posted over and over with some evidence of his own. I noticed that Steve no longer refutes his evidence but it is the same stuff that Steve did disagree with earlier. I think Steve has recognized a pointless discussion and moved on.

But you never know I could be wrong.
08-22-2013, 12:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013, 12:18 PM by DB_Zero.)
I'm very curious to see what changes to urban combat will be. I don't think the bazookas and PF/PS not being able to fire from buildings is so cut and dry. I suggested allowing "prepared buildings" that would allow AT weapons to be fired from within and initially only known to the side that has them. I also suggested they could be purchased for quick battles.

Zooks and fausts should also be able to be fired from rooftops.

Damaged building should at some point allow zooks and fausts to be fired from once they lose a facade or side or have big enough holes blown in them.

I would also like to see a better explanation of building materials and building techniques and the differing levels of protection they provide. I slightly disagree that "bigger is better" for protection if that is true. Some form of color coding or other identification would assist in deciding where to place troops.

There were other suggestions, but I can also understand the programming challenges.

I would like to see and have no problem paying for a urban combat centric module with improvements. I think it would benefit BF and they should design and program it so its also easily portable to the upcoming Shockforce 2. They could kill 2 birds with one stone.

Modern warfare is very urban centric as that's where most of the population is and most have figured out that at this point in history slugging it out with American/Western armies with tanks in open terrain is a losing proposition. Taking the fight to urban/built up areas is where you want to draw Western armies these days and Shockforce 2 should in some way reflect that.