• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unit boxes issue
08-01-2013, 09:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013, 09:58 AM by NGP85.)
Help  Unit boxes issue
I am having a serious issue with the unit art work not displaying in Tobruk '41. I have emailed Ed Williams and have yet to get a response. SDG website seems died and buried, so no help there either.

I have tried other OOBs, and those units show up. This particular OOB was created by a Dan Asensio for his 'The First Tobruk' scenario. There were numerous grammatical errors, and I thought that was the reason for the non-display.

It all seems to point to the OOB. Is there ANYONE who can look this over and tell me how to fix this? Or am I SOL?

I attach the files.

.zip   #001_Battle of Sidi Barrani.zip (Size: 12.46 KB / Downloads: 12)
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 01:42 PM,
RE: Unit boxes issue
(08-01-2013, 09:57 AM)NGP85 Wrote: I am having a serious issue with the unit art work not displaying in Tobruk '41. I have emailed Ed Williams and have yet to get a response. SDG website seems died and buried, so no help there either.

I have tried other OOBs, and those units show up. This particular OOB was created by a Dan Asensio for his 'The First Tobruk' scenario. There were numerous grammatical errors, and I thought that was the reason for the non-display.

It all seems to point to the OOB. Is there ANYONE who can look this over and tell me how to fix this? Or am I SOL?

I attach the files.

What OB are you trying to use? Your zip file has 8_Sidi_Barrani.oob in it, but the scenario wants to use 8_Compass'40.oob ???

I was getting a load error with what you sent through until I changed the scenario file via text editor. With the Sidi Barani oob in place, no units were on the map, but when I placed them everything showed up graphically.

If you intended to use the 8_compass oob, you would need to send that through...

David
08-02-2013, 09:04 AM,
As David said, the scenario is empty - as in completely empty of anything useful outside of the files used. I don't see a scenario here at the Blitz that matches anything in your post or the attached files - I take it you have no contact info for this Dan that created whatever scenario? By the way, the attached scenario is by author Craig68x, which doesn't match either. So my best guess is the scenario in your attachment is the wrong one - but the Compass'40 may be right?

And as to art issues, there must be a unit image named to match the unit type in the OOB. For example:
C. 8 ARM TRK 15 5 4 0 0 4 1 0 2 0 0 6 6 12 0 B/7th Hussars, Mk-VIB
would need an image in the British/Units folder called Mk-VIB.bmp. By the way, I have one of this one and it shows up fine. But no matching file, there won't be an image.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-02-2013, 08:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013, 08:36 PM by -72-.)
I believe that perhaps the OP is the scenario author in looking at his profile.

In all fairness, SDC is not in a position to be able to troubleshoot individual scenario designs; the extent of what the site would provide would be the Scenario Editor manual.

Personally speaking, I have no experience working with the Panzer Campaign's scenario editor program, but have had a little working with their OOBs (granted awhile ago), and if the oob is not pointed at an image (or the wrong one), then none will show up.
Bydand
Send this user an email