• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated T41_Alt
08-06-2013, 04:59 AM,
RE: Updated T41_Alt
I have a question. ALL the OOB's have been modified now? The Crusader, Brevity, BattleAxe, etc?

so they should all be reloaded again?

Thanks VM,

don

(08-01-2013, 05:17 AM)Bayes Wrote: Downloaded and playing Battleaxe Smile

Bayes

(07-31-2013, 10:24 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Ok, I just updated T41_Alt again. This time is is version "XIIa" in the "Alternate changes" document file. We can consider the previous update a false start of sorts. Just download the link again.

This time the Range Modifier was set back to 1 (like it used to be) and QFM is set to 3. I found this to be the perfect value, which placed the 88mm FLAK guns back exactly to their old hard attack value of 62.4 (as A quality 52 HA). This also has the effect of intentionally making all the other units not much changed.

So, ranged combat is now back again and in good effect, and 88s should be just as deadly as they used to be, with minimal differences elsewhere.

Also note: I went back and looked at the stock OOB and there were very little A quality units -- actually I don't think there was a single A quality unit on either side. These A quality units on the German side were introduced by me during the _Alt revisions, so this is something to keep in mind when I change these back and forth between A and B. It is done to achieve a certain effect within the game, and the justification lies in the fact that the end justifies the means. For example, the small 2 gun 88mm FLAK guns need to be more powerful, therefore they receive the A level of quality. The German panzer units no longer need to have this boost because they use replacements and because QFM boosts their firepower a bit more than before, for example.

If, through feedback, I find that the QFM value should increase, then I will certainly do that in the future.
Quote this message in a reply