• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: My expereice with tablet SB play:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
#1 I have played SB on a tablet.
5.00%
1 5.00%
#2 I have a tablet, but have not tried to play SB on a tablet device.
35.00%
7 35.00%
#3 I only play SB on a PC. Not interested in tablets.
20.00%
4 20.00%
#4 I use an Andriod tablet.
20.00%
4 20.00%
#5 I use an Apple OS tablet.
20.00%
4 20.00%
#6 I use another OS tablet.
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tablet play for SB
07-29-2013, 09:06 PM,
RE: Tablet play for SB
We have an App version of Modern Air Power out now for the iOS & Android. We have a version running in development for Panzer Campaigns as well...so good chance Squad Battled will be ported too, one day. http://www.johntillersoftware.com/
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2013, 07:36 AM,
Speechless. That would be pure awesomeness.
Confetti
11-09-2013, 07:53 AM,
I just wanted to bump this post up in case anyone missed what Rich had mentioned earlier. JTS (http://johntillersoftware.com/) recently released a pair of tablet-based (iOS and Android) games called "Panzer Campaigns" and "Civil War Battles" which both have a similar interface to Squad Battles. Free demo versions are available for download to give them a try.

I'd suggest people try these out if they are "jonesing" for a tablet version of SB. Plus, the more interest and support JTS receive on these initial tablet-based projects will likely encourage them further towards getting SB ported as well.
11-09-2013, 10:35 AM,
When I first heard about Tiller porting his games over to the tablet market, I thought it was something I wouldn't be very interested in. Yet, I have found that I really enjoy playing Panzer Campaigns on my Kindle. The scenarios are pretty small and play really fast. I think part of the plan was to generate scenarios that could be played in one sitting, like waiting for your kid to finish soccer practice or get her teeth cleaned. I spent several days at a hotel for a conference recently and I spent more time playing on my Kindle than I did on my computer. I am waiting for an Android version of SB with baited breath. I wonder what title he will use for the demo?
11-09-2013, 12:59 PM,
I have been playing the touch versions of Panzer Campaigns and CW battles on my phone...and I can't wait for more...touch SB would be total awesomeness...maybe I will update my phone after all Propeller Hat
11-10-2013, 12:55 AM,
Again, this is probably a big reason why there hasn't been anything new out for some time.

Remember when a phone...........was just a phone?
11-10-2013, 01:53 AM,
and actually plugged into a wall, with a cord, and this weird User Interface that was circular in nature, with 10 penetrations for "digital" input.
11-10-2013, 04:46 AM,
...yes...now I can check local gas prices...the current weather forecast...track my work outs and assault enemy positions...all from the same device...oh yea...I can call home too...but my wife prefers to text. Jester