• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS Simulations, 1990-2013
07-26-2013, 01:46 AM,
RE: HPS Simulations, 1990-2013
This is something that HPS/JT need do, their own forum where put all info about their games... mods, feedback, previews... and even a way to use comunity ideas/work... who is not using Jison artwork??? for example.

After the split between these 2 is hard find info and is not rare miss some mods.
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2013, 06:23 AM,
I get the impression that setting up a forum is just not that complicated these days, and for a computer wargame company with a very niche following not to do so is rather puzzling to me, to say the least.
07-26-2013, 08:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013, 08:29 PM by -72-.)
Yeah I can imagine that they would want to deal with this sort of stuff on a regular basis....

...well maybe not. :)

Anyway, Tiller doesn't even have his own boards at this point -the closest thing would be Rich Hamilton's own board (which would also serve as HPS's -since he works for both companies.).
Bydand
Send this user an email
07-28-2013, 02:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013, 02:15 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
"We are wargamers, eh? Not the catholic school schoolgirls."

Hey, don't knock Catholic School schoolgirls! Jester
07-28-2013, 02:22 AM,
Aw, yes, once my friend who is a psychologist told me that the survey had revealed they're particularly prone to test the litimations of the sin conception so perhaps there is a lot to learn. Was it that what You meant?
07-28-2013, 02:25 AM,
(07-28-2013, 02:22 AM)burroughs Wrote: Aw, yes, once my friend who is a psychologist told me that the survey had revealed they're particularly prone to test the litimations of the sin conception so perhaps there is a lot to learn. Was it that what You meant?

"Testing the limitations of Sin." Yes, that's it exactly, well said! Mex Big Grin
07-28-2013, 05:25 AM,
(07-26-2013, 12:33 AM)76mm Wrote: I sure wish that HPS would open their own forums for their games, instead of having to hunt and peck for different sites all over the internet.

As far as I know there is only one forum run by Rich Hamilton which could be considered a defacto 'official' forum for HPS. All other web sites that discuss HPS and/or JTS games are owned and run by 'customers'. Ordinary people who could in no way be considered financially tied of these companies.

I think you should go back and read my earlier post about who is HPS and JTS. For part-time run companies they create quality products that are better, IMHO, (and many others) than larger gaming company offerings.

If that takes more time to for the artisan to create a product, than the assembly line model, I for one am happy to wait. With so many titles to play, mods available alt_series scenarios done by VM, it really does not seem like it so long a time between title releases.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-28-2013, 05:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013, 05:51 PM by 76mm.)
(07-28-2013, 05:25 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: As far as I know there is only one forum run by Rich Hamilton which could be considered a defacto 'official' forum for HPS. All other web sites that discuss HPS and/or JTS games are owned and run by 'customers'. Ordinary people who could in no way be considered financially tied of these companies.
The only link I've seen for a Rich Hamilton forum is a dead link. At the end of the day I don't care that much, but I just can't see setting up and running a forum as a very high hurdle, so I don't understand why they haven't done so.

(07-28-2013, 05:25 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: I think you should go back and read my earlier post about who is HPS and JTS. For part-time run companies they create quality products that are better, IMHO, (and many others) than larger gaming company offerings.

If that takes more time to for the artisan to create a product, than the assembly line model, I for one am happy to wait. With so many titles to play, mods available alt_series scenarios done by VM, it really does not seem like it so long a time between title releases.

Sorry but I don't follow; you seem to be responding to some complaint about the pace of game releases, which I've never mentioned. If you're suggesting that the half-hour it would take to set a forum would disrupt their game development efforts, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one...
07-28-2013, 09:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013, 09:18 PM by -72-.)
The below is the messageboard that Dog Soldier is referring to.

http://hpssims.com.c7.previewyoursite.com/forums/

It isn't a 'dead link', and I don't recall there being a period when that site had been down - maybe for a few hours when Rich transitioned host accounts.

I think though that maybe a more accurate way of stating things would have been that unofficial sites, in no way speak on behalf of either HPS or JTS, but rather in my case if I want to show something that would be official, I just go and source the comment from someone that would be official -in most cases Rich, and in others it would be a lead scenario designer or project manager working for one of the two companies. I can point to a fair amount of material that actually is official - it all depends upon how one sources material (pretty much like anything else).

However -SDC, is not intended to be a news site.... but well, anyway, I guess the topic here was basically covered.
Bydand
Send this user an email
07-29-2013, 12:17 AM,
In my case problem is not with releases time is with lack of info, for example, PzC has now fanatical nations feature, you cant use it in actual titles (even when all titles has this feature implemented) i think in a Pacific title thanks to the manual image (we had some similar with SB when appear in manual the image of a Legionario SB SCW and a WW1 stormtrooper SB WWI) why not a forum where talk about this??? ask for players impresions, what they want see and how (for example i want see Nap Peninsular war in 3 titles and why not in a pack the 3 titles with some kind of discount??? you buy the complete pack, has it early and similar things).

With an official forum customers can directly contact with guys that work in titles, can ask to them and viceversa (they can ask for help searching info in other languages for example or ask for voices in other languages, i remember help with a mod for CC5 with info and my harmonious voice of truck driver hahaha), offer info about new titles (at least a "we are working on this" or "we are thinking on do this") for feedback with comunity.

Other point is a place where find all info you need about titles and in more than one language.

But main point in official forum is to provide info to customers and search for impresions about future titles and even ask for help for them and of course dont need do minecraft on the web to find mods and other bonus.

PD: You can find here 2 mirror AARs in spanish for example, in an official forum guys interested on a title have more options to find info to take a decision about buy it or not.

http://puntadelanza.net/Foro/phpBB3/view...6&start=30
http://puntadelanza.net/Foro/phpBB3/view...41&t=15095