• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaigns
07-18-2013, 10:52 PM,
c_Question Mark  Campaigns
Eagles Strike has a number of campaigns. Can these be played as a campaign via email?

I know the individual scenarios can be played, but can the campaign feature be used via email?

I have played HPS Early American War series extensively, would the mechanics be the same - - - which is that the *.cpe file is exchanged instead of the *.bte ??

Steve
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2013, 11:05 PM,
RE: Campaigns
You can play campaigns by PBEM. However, unlike most of the other Tiller games, the results of one battle do not affect the next one and losses are not carried over. They are more like a set of linked battles than a campaign. SB Campaigns have a "main character" and if he is lost, the game automatically comes to a halt. I think if I wanted to play against another person, I would play the individual scenarios in the same order as they appear in the campaign, rather than use the campaign feature. That way, the game doesn't end early with the untimely demise of the main guy.
07-19-2013, 10:50 PM,
(07-18-2013, 11:05 PM)Jeff Conner Wrote: *******

I think if I wanted to play against another person, I would play the individual scenarios in the same order as they appear in the campaign, rather than use the campaign feature. That way, the game doesn't end early with the untimely demise of the main guy.

Thanks Jeff - - - I have been looking as to how to do that. The campaign scenarios do not show as individual scenarios in the main list, correct? How do you get to the individual scenarios from the campaigns?
07-19-2013, 11:15 PM,
+ + + + +

Is the correct way to do this is to copy the particular scenario files (.map .oob .scn) into the main directory so that the scenario selection screen can *** see *** the scenarios?
07-20-2013, 12:01 AM,
Sorry I can't offer any info on campaign scenarios as I have never played them before.
07-20-2013, 12:14 AM,
(07-20-2013, 12:01 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Sorry I can't offer any info on campaign scenarios as I have never played them before.

Well let's go then sir! Lace up your boots and choose either Die Vereinigen Staaten oder das dritte Reich!

Fishing3

ES - - - I'll take ya on!
07-20-2013, 07:16 AM,
Most of the newer titles have the campaign scenario files in both the Campaign folder and the main folder. Eagle Strike does not, however. You would need to copy the scenario file (.scn), the map file (.map) and the OOB file (.oob) into the main folder in order to see them in the selection screen. But you can also start a campaign at any of the included games, so you could start a PBEM campaign at say, scenario four, and just play that one game. Of course you would then have the issue of the campaign's main character's death terminating the game early. Let me know if you run into problems.

Jeff