• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Coms between armor and infantry
07-16-2013, 10:35 PM,
Coms between armor and infantry
Is there any communication between infantry and armor? I have my infantry supporting my tanks usually within 10 meters of each other. The infantry will spot enemy armor but word doesn't seem to get passed to the tankers at all. Is this just an overlook in the CC coding or is there something else going on?
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2013, 11:17 PM,
RE: Coms between armor and infantry
I haven't seen this explicitly mentioned,but here's what the manual has to say about 'Information Sharing':
Quote:The better organized and connected a force is, the better able it is to communicate
critical pieces of information between units. Though it is not obvious to the player
that the information itself is moved around, the results of it are. There are three
primary benefits of good organization and communication: spotting of enemy
units, calling for support, and maintaining discipline.

So,i'd assume some info gets passed from the infantry to the tanks,assuming they belong to the same unit. I'm not sure if it's the case,if the tanks and the foot guys belong to different battalions.
Send this user an email
07-17-2013, 05:09 AM,
I'd say infantry gives information to the tanks over time, but I'm not sure. If you maintain close contact between infantry, Plt HQ and Coy HQ, the tank will receive the contact information in roughly 30 seconds if unbuttoned (close visual contact at all echelons of the C2C). I haven't done any formal test, but that's what I'd estimate from my experience.

Depending on the battle, I'd assign armor to one level or another level (Plt, Coy or Bn). That usually depends on the plan, deployment and type of battle. At Platoon level, your tank will get information quite quickly, but take into account that platoon HQ move more often than coy HQ. :)
07-17-2013, 06:47 AM,
In a battle I was in recently I noticed a half track began retreating when it was not even under fire and had no visual on any enemies. However, just ahead of it there were a couple of units who could see an enemy tank rolling up the hill toward them.

It could have been the infantry shouting that notified the halftrack, or it may have been that the halftrack could hear the tank approach. Either way I was very impressed and my halftrack was saved!
When I am dying I will look back at how little I have done with my life and be glad at how much fun it was.
07-17-2013, 11:23 AM,
Haven't played enough H2H to say one way or another or know the inner mechanics to give a definite answer.

What I have noticed is the moving of infantry/FO to strategic locations that provide some real time intelligence of armored units positioning that can allow one to position armored units to make kills.