• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out of the Blue 5.3
07-20-2013, 12:39 AM,
RE: Bolt 5.0
(07-19-2013, 01:54 PM)Taffy6 Wrote:
(07-19-2013, 09:54 AM)tazaaron Wrote:
(07-19-2013, 08:28 AM)tbridges Wrote: I just leave "View Locations" on all the time. It would be nice to be able to customize the fonts.

I guess the best way to tell is when you get to look at it,if you dont like it its easy to changed the map file on the .scn and change it back. take 1min i can do it for you

I'm not aware of any way to customize the fonts. I did spend many days trying to make the new map as clean as possible, minimizing over-lapped labels etc. Personally, I use the "alt label style" along with Jison's DF85 map mod and play on the 2D magnified view now that it is available and it looks good on my rig.

There are several labelling errors/spelling errors on the vanilla HPS map that I just felt I had to correct, plus all of the omitted major towns, air bases and places that were on my USAREUR maps and on Michelin maps just drove me nuts. Pretty simple to swap out this campaign map file for vanilla if you prefer vanilla.

Regards,

Taffy

So it is possible to correct/change text currently on the map and add new text but you can't change the font or point size? I also use the alt label style but I have a hard time differentiating the subtle elevation variations with Jison's map mod. I do use a lot of his images.

So...how does one get a peek at your map Taffy? Or does it require Aaron's "Bolt" revision before it can be used? Helmet Wink
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2013, 02:38 AM,
[/quote]

So it is possible to correct/change text currently on the map and add new text but you can't change the font or point size? I also use the alt label style but I have a hard time differentiating the subtle elevation variations with Jison's map mod. I do use a lot of his images.

So...how does one get a peek at your map Taffy? Or does it require Aaron's "Bolt" revision before it can be used? Helmet Wink
[/quote]

Within the map editor, you can choose between four font sizes I believe, and three colors (Black, blue and green). I'm not aware of any way to change the actual font.

As for how to get the new map, best to wait for Tazaaron to update Bolt to 5.0 to see it in all it's glory. However, to peek at the map file alone, go here and get it:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/yiWRfDIz/Z85_MAP.html

If that doesn't work for you, send me a PM and I'll email it to you.

Regards,

Taffy
07-20-2013, 05:33 AM,
Map looks great Taffy, thanks! And your mod sounds awesome, hope you can get it playable sometime soon.

Wonder if you or Aaron have ever considered adding "Objective" points to airfields, SAM installations, and other key locations? Seems like there should be some incentive/reward for defending/capturing these hexes.
07-20-2013, 05:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2013, 05:39 AM by Aaron.)
(07-20-2013, 05:33 AM)tbridges Wrote: Map looks great Taffy, thanks! And your mod sounds awesome, hope you can get it playable sometime soon.

Wonder if you or Aaron have ever considered adding "Objective" points to airfields, SAM installations, and other key locations? Seems like there should be some incentive/reward for defending/capturing these hexes.

Incentive in capturing Sam sites is the SAM interception modifier doesn't effect that area, so if the .pdt has 20% air interception and 20% SAM interception and you try bombing something in that area it has 40% chance of not making it to the target but if you control the SAM site it only has 20% chance to be intercepted. In the game there is actually a SAM coverage view in the top menu.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
07-20-2013, 06:06 AM,
(07-20-2013, 05:39 AM)tazaaron Wrote:
(07-20-2013, 05:33 AM)tbridges Wrote: Map looks great Taffy, thanks! And your mod sounds awesome, hope you can get it playable sometime soon.

Incentive in capturing Sam sites is the SAM interception modifier doesn't effect that area, so if the .pdt has 20% air interception and 20% SAM interception and you try bombing something in that area it has 40% chance of not making it to the target but if you control the SAM site it only has 20% chance to be intercepted. In the game there is actually a SAM coverage view in the top menu.

Aaron

To "Control" the SAM site it would have to be actually garrisoned by one of my units, right? Or once I capture the hex is it disabled for the rest of the game?
07-20-2013, 06:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2013, 06:38 AM by Aaron.)
(07-20-2013, 06:06 AM)tbridges Wrote:

Aaron

To "Control" the SAM site it would have to be actually garrisoned by one of my units, right? Or once I capture the hex is it disabled for the rest of the game?

Yes, the way the game is you must have a counter on it, doesn't matter what it is could be just 1 man.

The Pact player has plenty of security that releases at 0800 on the first day. Its either this or the global modifier which will give the 20% everywhere on SAMs even 100 miles in your rear your planes will be intercepted by SAMs. I didnt like that. Not perfect but i think better than before. At least now as the Pact player moves forward and takes ground NATO will be losing SAM coverage
Rangers Lead the Way
07-20-2013, 06:48 AM,
(07-20-2013, 06:28 AM)tazaaron Wrote:
(07-20-2013, 06:06 AM)tbridges Wrote:

Aaron

Yes, the way the game is you must have a counter on it, doesn't matter what it is could be just 1 man.

The Pact player has plenty of security that releases at 0800 on the first day. Its either this or the global modifier which will give the 20% everywhere on SAMs even 100 miles in your rear your planes will be intercepted by SAMs. I didnt like that. Not perfect but i think better than before. At least now as the Pact player moves forward and takes ground NATO will be losing SAM coverage

This would be perfect duty for a broken or disrupted unit!
07-20-2013, 06:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2013, 06:59 AM by Aaron.)
Yes, wish u controlled the hex upon entering it and then you could leave and the enemy has to enter the hex to retake it but this is what we got. Maybe someday someone will hear my prayers.

Been always meaning to make a DOC for the Bolt with all these changes like not being able to re combine units and ZOC modifier but havnt had the time, maybe someone will step up and do it for me, i could tell them all the changes and they could make the documentation for it.

Matter of fact all post a help wanted on the first post
Rangers Lead the Way
07-20-2013, 07:42 AM,
Hey Aaron...I'll be happy to help you write up a Help DOC for Bolt. Let me know what you're thinking. 2cents2

tbridges (at) outlook (dot) com.
07-25-2013, 12:13 PM,
RE: Bolt 5.0 Beta is up
Update. Theres been no major problems actually no real problems at all, we are just still playing around with some values.
Rangers Lead the Way