• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out of the Blue 5.3
07-16-2013, 02:22 PM,
RE: Bolt 5.0
Thanks Taffy, would be glad to look at your stuff. Most of what i got came from others. Send it to me at [email protected] with any explanations and directions of whatever youve done.

As for the accountant im right in the middle of updating all the values right now so itll probably be another 24 hours before the oob is updated.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2013, 05:35 AM,
(07-16-2013, 02:22 PM)tazaaron Wrote: Thanks Taffy, would be glad to look at your stuff. Most of what i got came from others. Send it to me at [email protected] with any explanations and directions of whatever youve done.

As for the accountant im right in the middle of updating all the values right now so itll probably be another 24 hours before the oob is updated.

Aaron

Aaron, I'll send you an email tonight US Eastern time 16 July and get the ball rolling.

Regards brother,

Taffy
07-17-2013, 05:59 AM,
(07-17-2013, 05:35 AM)Taffy6 Wrote:
(07-16-2013, 02:22 PM)tazaaron Wrote: Thanks Taffy, would be glad to look at your stuff. Most of what i got came from others. Send it to me at [email protected] with any explanations and directions of whatever youve done.

Aaron

Aaron, I'll send you an email tonight US Eastern time 16 July and get the ball rolling.

Regards brother,

Taffy

I just quit my job and moved to oklahoma so my girlfriend is closer to her son so anytimes good for me. Im an hour behind you and have no job. lol
Rangers Lead the Way
07-17-2013, 10:12 AM,
(07-17-2013, 05:59 AM)tazaaron Wrote:
(07-17-2013, 05:35 AM)Taffy6 Wrote:

Aaron

Regards brother,

Taffy

I just quit my job and moved to oklahoma so my girlfriend is closer to her son so anytimes good for me. Im an hour behind you and have no job. lol

Aaron, you have email sir.

Regards,

Taffy
07-18-2013, 05:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013, 06:00 PM by Aaron.)
Thanks to Taffy6 ive included his map (ive renamed Taffy6map) which has two if not three times more locations on it and fixed some wrong locations by Tiller. He also had most of the locations for the batteries of the Nato sam belt so those have been rearrange and the Sam belt created. Only the Hawks show up as units on the map as before but now theres a Sam symbol under them with a range of 25 for intercepting aircraft and the Hawk unit itself helos. As for the nikes and Patriots it just has a symbol to intercept AC but not an actual unit for attacking helos because they were not low level missiles.

Thank you sir
Rangers Lead the Way
07-19-2013, 07:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-19-2013, 07:47 AM by tbridges.)
(07-18-2013, 05:56 PM)tazaaron Wrote: Thanks to Taffy6 ive included his map (ive renamed Taffy6map) which has two if not three times more locations on it and fixed some wrong locations by Tiller. He also had most of the locations for the batteries of the Nato sam belt so those have been rearrange and the Sam belt created. Only the Hawks show up as units on the map as before but now theres a Sam symbol under them with a range of 25 for intercepting aircraft and the Hawk unit itself helos. As for the nikes and Patriots it just has a symbol to intercept AC but not an actual unit for attacking helos because they were not low level missiles.

Thank you sir

I think the idea of additional locations is great but I fear to add more labels to an already detailed map. Is there any way a user can change/reduce the font used for place names?
07-19-2013, 08:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-19-2013, 08:00 AM by Aaron.)
(07-19-2013, 07:45 AM)tbridges Wrote:
(07-18-2013, 05:56 PM)tazaaron Wrote: Thanks to Taffy6 ive included his map (ive renamed Taffy6map) which has two if not three times more locations on it and fixed some wrong locations by Tiller. He also had most of the locations for the batteries of the Nato sam belt so those have been rearrange and the Sam belt created. Only the Hawks show up as units on the map as before but now theres a Sam symbol under them with a range of 25 for intercepting aircraft and the Hawk unit itself helos. As for the nikes and Patriots it just has a symbol to intercept AC but not an actual unit for attacking helos because they were not low level missiles.

Thank you sir

I think the idea of additional locations is great but I fear to add more labels to an already detailed map. Is there any way a user can change/reduce the font used for place names?

You wont see more labels on the game map itself of course just when select VIEW/LOCATIONS and to me it looks pretty clean, cant remember what vanilla look like
Rangers Lead the Way
07-19-2013, 08:28 AM,
I just leave "View Locations" on all the time. It would be nice to be able to customize the fonts.
07-19-2013, 09:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-19-2013, 09:55 AM by Aaron.)
(07-19-2013, 08:28 AM)tbridges Wrote: I just leave "View Locations" on all the time. It would be nice to be able to customize the fonts.

I guess the best way to tell is when you get to look at it,if you dont like it its easy to changed the map file on the .scn and change it back. take 1min i can do it for you
Rangers Lead the Way
07-19-2013, 01:54 PM,
(07-19-2013, 09:54 AM)tazaaron Wrote:
(07-19-2013, 08:28 AM)tbridges Wrote: I just leave "View Locations" on all the time. It would be nice to be able to customize the fonts.

I guess the best way to tell is when you get to look at it,if you dont like it its easy to changed the map file on the .scn and change it back. take 1min i can do it for you

I'm not aware of any way to customize the fonts. I did spend many days trying to make the new map as clean as possible, minimizing over-lapped labels etc. Personally, I use the "alt label style" along with Jison's DF85 map mod and play on the 2D magnified view now that it is available and it looks good on my rig.

There are several labelling errors/spelling errors on the vanilla HPS map that I just felt I had to correct, plus all of the omitted major towns, air bases and places that were on my USAREUR maps and on Michelin maps just drove me nuts. Pretty simple to swap out this campaign map file for vanilla if you prefer vanilla.

Regards,

Taffy